For our client, a major company responsible for all phases of the oil and gas industry, we are looking for a Port Manager.
Regulate, operate and manage Port activities.
1. Port Operations: Manage port operations and services including the provision of navigation aids, pilotage, diving, mooring, towage, berth scheduling and agency services to port users.
2. Traffic Control: Manage maritime traffic control in common navigational channels and waterways including vessel traffic and ensure safety of vessel movements.
3. Maritime Safety: Direct the implementation of maritime safety standards and procedures, ensure safe operations and investigate shipping and ports related incidences (e.g. collisions, explosions, natural disasters and discharge of pollutants) in coordination with the relevant departments and State authorities.
4. Port Regulations: In the capacity of port regulator, direct the implementation and enforcement of local, national and international maritime conventions, laws. In addition, develop and implement local procedures and guidelines to ensure safety and security of shipping in the area of jurisdiction of the port.
5. Relationships: Manage relationships with industries, State and other stakeholders to ensure achievement of the port’s mandate, strategies and business objectives.
6. Ports Planning and Development: Manage the planning and optimisation of port facilities to meet industries’ and State requirements and implement strategies to maximise revenues.
Initiate new projects for the development and improvement of port facilities and navigational waterways and take over and operate upon completion.
7. Risks Management: Manage the identification of technical and operational risks and manage the development and implementation of improvement and mitigation measures to ensure integrity of assets and reliability of operations.
8. Emergency Readiness: Manage the development and maintenance of marine emergency readiness plans and operate emergency response services on the waters within the assigned areas.
Exercises a high degree of discretion in resolving ports related issues and provides advice and recommendations to Manager of Industrial City and Vice President of Industrial Cities on ports and maritime matters.
Requires developing continuous improvements to ports’ operations.
Has frequent contact and liaison with senior officials in the State to align management of the port with State requirements and to obtain required approvals for the port’s strategies.
Has regular contact with senior management of the company’s Operations Directorate, joint ventures and international agencies in relation to operational terms of agreements, services and facilities and other stakeholder interests.
Has regular contact with senior management to obtain approval, support and agreement on the port’s strategies and plans.
Internationally recognised senior maritime qualification or degree in Transport / Maritime Studies preferably with post graduate qualifications in management.
Minimum 20 years experience with 10 years experience in a management role, preferably in various maritime or port positions.
Focused experience in port development, operations and logistics
Extensive knowledge and experience in national and international maritime laws, regulations, agreements and best practices.
Strong leadership, management, problem solving, decision making, interpersonal skills, negotiation and influencing skills.