Provides technical and organizational services pertaining to “Shut Down activities and turn around Planning function” to field and Offshore sites, in order to carryout maintenance projects and major activities which impact the oil / gas production and water/gas injection in a safe and cost effective manner. In addition, Optimize the major shut down site work schedule by applying best practice schedule optimizing techniques. Shut Down Planning Engineer develops the long and short terms Shut Down and turnaround plans and budget and cascade the overall Shut down plans into lower levels including site work integrated micro plan based on inputs from Shut down contractors and site planners. co-ordinate and follow up with all concerned parties to ensure the resources availability for the execution and monitor the progress and raise the concerns with recommended recovery plans as required.
- To provide Shut Down planning and budgeting expertise for field assets including long and short term for major turnaround and shutdowns
- Develop and maintain a register for jobs which having major or minor impact on the oil / gas production and water/gas injection in conjunction with field job officers, projects managers and site planners
- Review, prioritize and finalize the shutdown list of activities so as to maximize the utilization of the shutdown window
- Prepare an overall integrated plan for major shut down .
- Ensure that shut down contractor develops a realistic shut down plans and to adhere to company Offshore practices and planning standard and to fulfill all required information
- Co-ordinate with job officers and project manager to ensure that the shutdown contractors’ plan detailed up to micro activities and all resources allocated to the activities such as manpower, cranes, welding machines ,…etc.
- Optimize and fine tune the shutdown execution plans to minimize impact on plant availabilities
- Ensure the availability of resources required to achieve the Shut Down plan through service contracts and monitor its validity.
- Prepares implementation programs using “CPM” and/or “PERT” planning techniques and to identify clear critical paths.
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering.
- 8 to 10 years’ experience in multi-discipline planning of Engineering and Maintenance activities in an oil and gas or petrochemical industry.
- Good experience in working with planning tools and systems such as primavera and MS projects as well as Computerized Maintenance Management System, preferably MAXIMO.
- Knowledge of PCs and Software applications, knowledge of MS Project/Primavera is a must.
- Good command of English language, written and spoken.
- Proficient in project / shutdown schedule monitoring and control