Our Client is one of the major players in engineering and drilling activities worldwide. They provide global solutions in the energy and infrastructure sectors, managing complex projects with their unique skills. They are currently looking for a Planning Engineer to join their team in Schiedam, The Netherlands.
You will support the Project Manager’s decision making process by effectively establishing and managing a planning and progress control system. This will enable him to complete the project according to the internal baselines and in compliance with the contractual dates and requirements.
You will also create a schedule awareness atmosphere among all project participants by ensuring any deviation from plan is promptly spotted and analysed, final time impact is estimated and the effect of corrective actions taken is monitored.
During the commercial phase:
· You will ensure the development of the project schedule according to the commercial needs. Verify feasibility and criticality while participating to the commercial risk management activities
At project start up:
· Ensure the implementation of the Planning and Progress Control System required by the contract complexity, riskiness and duration, in compliance with the Project Breakdown Structure, Company Standards and Contract specification
· Interface and coordinate with other Company Functions or Discipline Leaders/Supervisors and Managers to build up activities, assign milestones and constraints by issuing the logic network
· Prepare all the reference baseline documents, and ensure that the project planning and scheduling requirements are properly and clearly communicated to those functionally responsible for executing the work
· Issue all the relevant reporting
· Issue the Planning & Scheduling Procedure, Progress Measurement Procedure and Risk Management Plan for the Project Control Manager’s verification
· Coordinate the risk management activities startup by organizing the first brainstorming and the qualitative / quantitative assessment of the identified risks & opportunities
· Perform the schedule risk analysis for highly critical projects
During the project execution phase:
· Ensure the effectiveness of the Planning and Progress Control System, monitoring the progress measurement system and ensuring the proper information flow, progress status and completion forecast are assessed and reported for Engineering, Procurement, Fabrication, Construction and Commissioning phases
· Update all Project Schedules, collecting actual data, evaluating forecast dates and monitoring any progress and productivity
· Knowledge of international and national accounting standards and principles (mainly IAS/IFRS 11) in order to understand and analyse financial books and records
· Knowledge of business process principles (E,P,C,C,F,I). Knowledge of how the different sub-processes are inter-linked.
· Knowledge of WBS CBS implementation process and applying CBS in Executive projects and populating the SAP and PRISM tools. Experience in drafting WBS and PBS in excel.
· Knowledge of cost control, planning and document control tools structure and management. Ability to organize and input the WBS PBS structures in P6 according to the best methodology.
· Knowledge of cost control techniques. Capability to implement and manage a cost control systems for activities/projects.
· Knowledge of company EDMS with the experience to configure an entire project in EDMS. Ability to configure and analyse WBS and progress calculation in the EDMS by creating and analysing in-depth reports.
· Knowledge of the overall project change management process, the functions involved, the procedures concerned, MOC tool for the onshore division, and the impacts on project economics
Salary will commensurate with experience. Are you ready for a new challenge and does the job requirements matches your skills and experience, apply now to this vacancy. We look forward to receiving your application.