WTS Energy is seeking to hire Piping Supervisor – Shipyard experience for one of its clients who is reputed shipbuilding, ship repair and offshore construction company.
Contract :1 Years
Schedule projects using logical steps and budget man-hours required to meet deadlines. Coordinate, delegate, and monitor the construction activities both day and night shifts. Ensure compliance with project specifications, tender, work instructions and targets as appropriate. Optimal and efficient utilization of resources namely manpower, consumables, materials and equipment. Co-ordinates work onboard and shop so that the department's productivity, safety and quality objectives are met with. Direct and align subordinates to work within project schedules according to departmental objectives and guidelines.
Display high level of professionalism in interaction with management, client and workers.
Policies, Processes & Procedures:
· Implements approved departmental policies, processes, procedures and provides instructions to subordinates and monitor their adherence so that work is carried out in a controlled manner.
· Ensure employees are aware and follow the information Security Rules and data security measures in order to protect the company information / intellectual properties.
Day- to-day operations:
· Five (5) years of formal piping supervisory experience in heavy industrial projects such as ship yards, refineries, Petro-chemical complexes, power plants, etc.
· Should be conversant with applicable safe working practices, quality & standards.
· Ability to manage / control a multi-national workforce.
· Ability to effectively interact with project team members, clients, subcontractors, and multinational employees.
· Considerable experience in supervising piping construction staff to achieve effective construction execution.
· Read, write and communicate using the English language sufficient to perform job functions (other preferences will be given for special language skills where there is a business need)
· Hands-on job senior/general foreman experience in piping construction.
· Possess excellent leadership skills and have the ability to effectively manage multiple team of pipe workers.
· Contributes to the identification of opportunities for continuous improvement of systems, processes and practices taking into account ‘international best practice’, improvement of business processes, cost reduction and productivity improvement.
·Secondary School Certificate/Diploma Mechanical Engineering OR Graduate Mechanical Engineering
· Piping Engineering/ISO 9001/Primavera/MS Project/MS Word/Excel OR Piping Engineering/ISO 9001/Primavera/MS Project/MS Word/Excel/CSWIP/ASNT Level II
5 yrs. minimum experience for similar role