WTS Energy is seeking to hire Piping Engineer for one of its client who is reputed company for building and repiars of offshore vessels and rigs to join theri engineering design team.
Duration: one year contract initially( may be extendable deopending on project)
Responsible for Identification and design of piping systems for new built projects such as drilling rigs, oil tankers, bulk carriers, passenger vessels, other ships, offshore process modules / skids etc. as well as for major conversion projects such as FPSOs, FSOs, FSRUs and also to support for project tenders by estimating MTOs and equipment requirements.
The responsibilities of Piping Engineer will include for but are not limited to the following,
– Identify, select and design piping systems for various new build / Conversion / RIAP / repair projects related to marine and offshore.
– Undertake design and verification of calculations (including auxiliary equipment capacities), as required.
– Generate P&ID's, PFD's, system design philosophies and piping material specifications.
– Prepare class and statutory documentation.
– Prepare piping layout drawings (or 3-d model) as input for production design.
– Witnessing factory acceptance tests for equipment’s and attends dock trials and sea trials.
– Participate in design reviews and take necessary follow up actions.
– Write technical specifications for shipboard equipment, valves, piping components.
– Various calculations like pressure / flow analysis, piping stress analysis, Heat balance
– Broad knowledge of designing of piping systems in basic, detail and production stages for piping systems of marine ships, offshore drilling rigs, FPSOs / FSRUs conversion.
– Strong background with resolution of technical issues during projects planning and execution phases.
Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
Proficient with software such as: -
- CAESAR II or other piping stress analysis software.
- 3-d modelling software like Cadmatic, PDMS or other
- Piping flow and pressure drop software
- Good material code knowledge of ASME Sec II, NORSOK, other international standards used in offshore industry
- MS Office, MS Project
Pressure vessel design software like PV Elite or others will be an added advantage
7 - 10 years relevant experience in shipyard, offshore / Oil & Gas industry in Engineering design office.
Conversant with international codes like ASME, DIN, EN, NORSOK, JIS
Conversant with Ship Classification rules, IMO / SOLAS regulations