WTS Energy is seeking to hire Permit Specialist (offshore) for one of its client who is a reputed oil and gas operator.
Location: Dubai, offshore rotation.
· Administer the electronic integrated safe system of work (ISSOW) to facilitate the control of all work activities at the asset. Ensure the safety and well-being of all employees and contractors working under ISSOW to ensure continuous integrity and efficiency of plant and equipment. Ensure all work is carried out in conformance with the integrated plan, in accordance with safety standards and relevant procedures.
· Be familiar and efficient in the use of the computer – based tool commonly referred to as Integrated Safe System of Work (ISSOW) provided for issuing of Work Permits and in case of system unavailability, the paper – based version
· Conducts Permit to Work meetings to ensure review and signing by signatories ready for permit issue
· Performs inspection, auditing of permits, associated certificates and documents to ensure compliance to the requirements, standards and rules of the Permit to Work system
· Participates in risk assessments
· Participates in incident investigations
· Assists with administration of Key Performance Indicators (KPI)
· Any other duties as assigned by your supervisor
· Encourages Safe working practice and safety culture at all times. Promotes -Stop the Job- if anyone feels that an unsafe/condition is present
· Provides guidance and assistance to all signatory authorities using the Permit to Work system
· Provides coaching, mentors training and assistance to all users of the Permit to Work system
· Reviews all permits, associated certificates and documents to ensure compliance to the company Permit to Work rules, procedures and regulations. Notifies PTW signatories of conflicting work activities
· 12 years secondary education and a two year technical diploma.
· At least 10 years in the Oil/Gas industry with a minimum of 5 years in a senior Work Permit supervisory role (Offshore experience desirable).
· At least 5 years of experience working with eVision electronic Control of Work system, in a dedicated role as Permit Coordinator or Area Authority, on a live upstream Oil and Gas facility.
· Recognised practical proven experience with a work permit application.
· Proven problem-solving and structured organisational abilities and thinking.
· Strong HSE motivation and leadership qualities.
Other Competencies / Skills / Others
· Excellent English language skills both written and oral.