WTS Energy is hiring a Package Engineer for one of its clients, who is a reputed EPCM Company.
· Work with a team of skilled Engineers, Designers, Procurement and Construction Specialists, Contractors, Vendors, and other Project Support Staff/Stakeholders.
· Manage gas compression / packaged equipment-related projects.
· Coordinate project resources and project activities across all areas to meet project requirements
· Oversee subcontractors/vendors to ensure cost-effective, safe, and timely completion of projects to meet or exceed client expectations
· Manage technical interfaces both internally and externally, coordinate engineering resources and engineering outputs to meet project requirements
· Prime interface with client and other shareholders
· Day-to-day management of the project on behalf of the Project Manager
· Resolve engineering and project problems and issues, and take necessary actions, keeping Project Management Team informed. If necessary, elevate issues to the Project Manager or Engineering Manager with relevant information and a recommendation
· Plan and execute defined elements of the project as directed
· Prepare progress and routine reports and submit them on time
· Prepare minutes of meetings and ensure action points are completed
· Monitor official correspondence received, take appropriate advice and actions, and prepare drafts for Project Manager review and approval
· Monitor project to ensure that work scope, schedule and standards are meeting project requirements
· Track and maintain project schedules Edit and budgets
· Ensure project deliverables meet required standards and timelines
· Review routine reports, initiate appropriate actions, and ensure actions are completed in the correct timeframe
· Anticipate future tasks and challenges and prepare plans for review and approval
· Manage interface with Contracts and Procurement activities throughout the contracting and delivery /logistics stages
· Manage interface with site engineering, materials management, and construction phase
· Manage the hook-up and commissioning phase as well as the management of the vendor representative at the site
· Consult with both the Project Manager and Engineering Manager to ensure activities and resources allocations are correctly managed to meet project priorities.
· Bachelor’s degree in Engineering Process / Mechanical or related.
· Minimum 10 years of knowledge, experience and understanding of design and construction of Gas Compression stations / Packaged Compression equipment.
· Knowledge, experience and understanding of design and construction of Vendors' package units
· Experience as project engineer in Project Management Consultant (PMC) role – essential
· Experience as a Project Engineer for a multi-discipline project covering all main engineering disciplines.
· Experience as a project engineer on relevant packaged Gas compression station project – highly desirable
· Management of project documents and deliverables and IT/IM systems
· Proficient with general office computer programs and MS Project scheduling and AutoCAD drafting programs.