For our client, a major maintenance Company, we are looking for Outage Managert to work in a nuclear power plant in UAE and to lead, direct and manage all site based Outage operations in accordance with the Maintenance Service Agreement (MSA) Promote and advance DHIC’s growth and support the client site management team through effective relationships and working collaboratively across the client site, partners, suppliers and sub-contractors. Ensure Nuclear Safety is protected through the delivery of the highest performance in HSE, Quality, Maintenance, Risk awareness, Training & Development.
· Lead and manage the site based team of outage professionals to meet and exceed client expectations
· Work collaboratively across the site, partners, suppliers and subcontractors to achieve customer expectations
· Develop strategies for and ensure execution of outage management
· Support and embed the human performance program, maintaining nuclear safety culture through the everyday workface use of error prevention tools.
· all aspects of outage planning and preparation, schedule development and implementation at the Nuclear Power Plant including monitoring and coordinating pre-outage milestones and action items, budget, scope development and control, and outage Risk Assessments
· Develop and maintain the long range outage plan.
· Identify, negotiate and recommend effective contingency plans to support achievement of outage goals
· Work closely with the Nuclear Operations Director and Client Representatives to ensure effective management of plant health, risk and improvement initiatives to further improve the overall asset performance
· Demonstrate a broad knowledge of I&C, Fuel handling, Mechanical and Electrical areas of responsibility and integrate maintenance organization actions with the functions of other appropriate organizations
· Oversee outage activities and verify progress and performance Measurement
· Review outage related documentation including maintenance and test procedures, drawings, test reports, equipment and tool list, spare parts and consumables list, etc.
· Support customer licensing departments for construction and operating licensing activities related with BNPP maintenance activities
· Ensure work is planned and executed in a manner that results in radiological exposure as low as reasonably achievable
· Support recruitment of staff to timely implementation of appropriate SAT training program
· Manage mentoring and reinforce individual ownership of outage staff.
· Successfully complete all required initial and continuous training courses and requirements in order to attain and maintain the required qualification and certification in areas of scope
· Strive to improve maintenance technology level, understanding of overall plant operation, and impact of maintenance on plant equipment and systems
· Manage Costs/Forecasting/Budget setting
· Manage the effective achievement of organisation’s objectives by setting individual targets, developing and motivating staff, provision of formal and informal feedback and appraisal – in order to maximize subordinate and organisational performance.
15 years of relevant experience; a minimum of 5 of which must be in a maintenance leadership position
Minimum of 10 years of experience in working at a nuclear licensed facility
Sound knowledge of financial management and governance procedures.
Proven track record of leadership capability, with enhanced communication skills with demonstrable experience in managing maintenance groups of greater than 100 people.
Excellent knowledge and proven in-depth understanding of maintenance and outages within Nuclear Power Plants
Extensive knowledge of commercial Nuclear Power Plants
Must be able to obtain and maintain an FANR and/or NPP requirements for security clearance