WTS Energy is hiring for Operations Manager (Drilling & Workover) for one of its client who is an international Drilling service comapny.
Location: Bucharest, Romania
Directly subordinated positions:
– Sr. Drilling Engineer: 1
– Support Engineer: 1
– Project Manager: 1
– Rig Manager: 3
– Base Manager:1
Relevant indicators for the position:
Number of direct subordinates: 6-7
Number of indirect subordinates: ~ 150
Budget: (OPEX) [MEUR]:
The main responsibility is to manage the Ultimate Operational Process, including Operation, Support, HSE, Communication, Reports, and liaise with Marketing regarding tender and BD activities.
This includes the coordination of drilling and well services operations, including related activities according to Client requirements; planning, performs pre-operations check, aiming the forecasted KPIs and ensuring the quality and safety conditions according to Company procedures and monitors costs.
Acts as technology and process knowledge centre (cost engineering, technical expertise, maintenance planning, etc.) and administer all drilling and well services related operations from Conception to reporting, including IT related systems.
1. Planning and forecasting:
– Defines and establishes company standards and procedures for drilling and well services operations in compliance with HSE & Client standards and guidelines;
– Ensures that Company HSE policy & procedures are implemented and adhered to;
– Ensures application and quality of drilling and well services processes incl. proposals for improvements;
– Develops the procedures and immediate steps to be taken within drilling and well services operations;
– Drives drilling and well services contracts – contact with sub-contractors engineering team;
– Responsible for the execution of the drilling and well services projects/campaigns in close cooperation with the team;
– Responsible for managing and controlling Support from the base, including Maintenance, Store, and Resources;
– Coordinates evaluation of subcontractors performance;
– Provides support in drafting workflows, documentation and approvals from conception to final delivery of wells; ensures that the drilling and well services process is aligned with Client’ workflow;
– Captures and analyses performance of drilling/workover rigs and makes recommendations for improvements;
– Supports tender plans for contracting of rigs;
– Leads rig inspections and ensures action points are closed-out;
– Captures and reviews operations performance, lessons learnt and best practices to ensure improvement.
2. Industry knowledge:
– Industry knowledge concerning drilling/workover programs / projects / processes, etc.;
– Knowledge and experience of state-of-the-art HSE methodologies and principles, standards and practices (e.g. HSE related risk assessment in drilling/workover engineering);
– Knowledge and experience of state-of-the-art well planning methodologies, process, principles standards and practices (e.g. continuous improvement);
– Continuously updated on technology developments in the drilling and well services area.
3. Organization responsibilities:
Performing pre-operations planning
– Evaluates drilling and well services schedule proposal from Client;
– Supports tendering and contracting of drilling and well services activities (technical requirements analysis, commercial analysis, tendering, frame contracting).
Coordinates execution of the operational plan
– Coordinates preparation of sites;
– Supports Mob/Demob activities;
– Leads pre-spud drilling on rig site and rig acceptance;
– Checks and supports Managers on directing well site activities to ensure work is done efficiently and safely in accordance with approved well programs;
– Ensure that Base team is fully informed and ready to support activity.
– Daily contacts with Operations sites and full monitoring and support of Operations;
– Consolidates and reviews progress of drilling and well services operations Rig, Improvement Plan on yearly basis;
– Ensures all procedures are issued to comply with applicable Client, Romanian or EU standards;
– Periodically checks accuracy of reported data and the one existing as primary information (daily reports, time sheets, etc.);
– Solves possible discrepancies in communication with clients and sub-contractors;
– Performs technical audits of the rigs and equipment.
4. Coordination responsibilities:
– Ensures Company & Client Standards are adhered to with particular emphasis on well control;
– Coordinates operations according to the plan;
– Reviews progress vs. planned days for well operations;
– Reviews planned versus actual cost for well operations;
– Directly coordinates complex drilling and well services programs;
– Liaises with HSE, etc.
5. Reporting responsibilities:
– Responsible with the delivery of the monthly analyses of the operational KPIs, based on which improvement plans are developed;
– Reports the activities in progress, the status and performance to the direct superior;
– Coordinates monthly / quarterly / yearly reporting of project activities.
6. Personnel development:
– Ensures availability of competent resources;
– Coordinates career development: ensures sufficient function related training for operational staff as well as the identification of potential employees to be promoted;
– Manages, motivates and develops directly subordinated employees.
7. HSE duties:
– To ascertain and respect the legislation’s provisions in the field of health and safety at work, protection against fire and civil protection as well as the implementation measures; Including PPE, all HSE equipment and devices.
– Participate physically to one HSE quarterly inspection;
– To not affect the good functioning, not alter, change or arbitrary remove the security devices of the building where he/she is working;
– To immediately notify the employer and/or the assigned employees of any work situation on which he/she have serious grounds to consider it a danger to the safety and health of the employees, as well as any malfunctioning of the protection system;
– To inform the line manager and/or the Employer on any personal accident suffered;
– To cooperate with the Employer and/or assigned employees to implement the measures or requirements of law or relevant authorities;
– To cooperate with the Employer and/or relevant authorities to ensure a safe working environment and working conditions without risk to health and safety;
– To act in accordance with procedures established at the work place in the event of any imminent fire hazard or another emergency;
– To provide authorized persons with all data and information one has knowledge of, concerning work accidents and/or fires.
8. To the above-mentioned responsibilities, it is possible that some others (related to the job) will be added by your Line Manager, if business will require. In case the changes in the job content are significant, a new Job Description will be prepared by your Line Manager
– The job holder can delegate its duties only with the approval of the line manager;
– The signature right can be delegated only based on a power of attorney.
– University degree in drilling engineering discipline or similar;
– Experience in managing of technical groups (min 8 years);
– Strong personal commitment to HSSE;
– Minimum of 15 years of drilling and well services experience;
– Detailed and extensive knowledge of rigs, casing, cement, drill string, directional drilling, BOP’s, wellheads, special well operations;
– Extended experience in cost management, optimization of running costs and return on investment, HSE, requirements, interaction with authorities, etc.);
– Understanding of planning, economics and controlling (Opex, Capex, investment decision);
– Analytical and communication skills;
– Proven track record with people (motivation, responsibility, management, etc.)
– Professional knowledge of English language;
– Computer literacy in MS Office.
– Zero personal accidents, incidents and spills;
– Meeting Client targets & requirements;
– Minimum down time;
– Meeting pre-set KPIs;
– Effectively deliver the drilling and well services schedule;
– Respond to and resolve technical drilling and well services issues;
– Conduct the activities in a safe and environmentally sound manner.