WTS Energy is seeking to hire Onshore Instrument Engineer role for one of its client who is a reputed oil and gas operating company.
location: Dubai. (residnet role family status)
Reporting To: Onshore Operations Support Team Lead
To support all company's Onshore assets for instrumentation, control, safeguard and condition monitoring systems to improve the instrumentation and controls overall reliability.
Provides technical advice to determine best practices for discipline reliability and the most appropriate work methods to prevent repeat failures.
Solution owner for management of change and minor modifications in this discipline. Provides technical input to project scopes and drives supply chain process to ensure business goals are met.
Key Result Areas (Key Accountabilities)
1. To provide technical support and guidance to the operations and maintenance personnel in assuring the integrity and reliability of the instrumentation, control, safeguard, condition monitoring, and analysis systems.
2. To act as a key participant onshore in the investigations of instrument and controls failures using Root Cause Failure techniques and from the findings recommends best practices and the most appropriate work methods to prevent repeat failures.
3. To identify long term and short-term control system upgrade projects to increase reliability, having input into its design, installation, commissioning and performing "look backs" to ensure that the upgrade meets its design criteria and production expectations.
4. To undertake obsolescence studies of the installed equipment and develop options that will improve the reliability of the original installed equipment.
5. To prepare documentation in the form of Work Packs associated with Operations Support upgrades of instrument or control systems.
6. To develop plans for the execution of instrumentation &/or controls projects, and liaise with the operation and planning teams in the development of schedules.
7. Drives business processes to ensure project gates, management of change and supply chain processes are adhered to.
8. To develop new procedures or amendments to existing procedures for the verification of new equipment.
9. To participate as the Operations Support Factory Acceptance Test (FAT)/Site Acceptance Test (SAT) witness to verify the correct installation and functionality of any given instrumentation on new projects or upgrades.
10. To identify shortfalls in current spares holdings and recommend stocking levels.
11. Provides technical support to the Onshore Jebel Ali Operations Support Base (JAOSB) Electrical & Instrument (E&I) Workshop.
12. Contribute to a high standard of Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) performance by following HSE standards at all times, including the prompt reporting of any safety or environmental hazards or incidents.
Bachelor’s degree in discipline engineering or equivalent
10+ years operation / maintenance support to Oil & Gas Control & Instrumentation installations
Working experience with Control & Instrumentation systems including:
Field Instrumentation & Devices
Distributed Control Systems (DCS)
Programmable Logic Controller (PLC) Controls PLC-5 and RSLogix 5000
Turbine & Compressor/Pump Controls (Rolls Royce/Solar/Dresser).
Vibration Monitoring Systems
Gas Compressor Surge Control Systems
Fire & Gas & ESD Systems
Control & Shutdown Valves. Fuel Control Valves
Plant Information Management System
Working knowledge and experience in oil & gas industry codes, specifications and practices.
Excellent written and oral English language skills.
Must be comfortable working in a multi-national team environment.
Proficient computer skills. Computer literate in Windows based programs and CMMS systems. Oracle Preferred.
Proficiency in automation & control system’s hardware/software development and trouble shooting.