The senior drilling supervision services covers accountability for the planning, coordination, supervision and execution of all operations performed on the wellsite in a safe and cost-efficient manner within the framework of the approved Drilling Programme.
- The Performance of technical management functions for the drilling operations on site. Plan, direct, co-ordinate and manage the activities of assigned rig and service personnel during drilling operations.
- Supervision of the execution of operations in compliance with the Drilling Programme and in a safe and efficient manner
- Ensuring that standing instructions are prepared in accordance with our Drilling and Completion Policies.
- Control of equipment and materials for drilling on site, and overall logistics process to prevent any rig downtime. Requests materials and stock items as needed to support rig operations
- Assuring of proper quality of reporting from the rig Ensure safe execution of drilling activities.
- Participate in sharing the best practices ensuring lateral learning across Assets and other Company operating units utilizing network tools.
- Ensuring the suitability to operational requirements of personnel, equipment and services.
- Coordination Service Companies involved in his rig operations.
- Prepare Daily operations and HSE Reports.
- Minimizing production loss by optimizing the planning of drilling activities (execution, rig moves, wells’ start-up) Preparation of next drilling sites and adjacent
Key Technical Attributes & Experience of staff performing the Service
Health, Safety and Environment
- Provision of exemplary HSE Leadership in Well operations on site.
- Accomplishment of the drilling operations in compliance with codes of practices, while optimizing and improving costs.
- Ensuring that all assigned Company personnel and contractors satisfy their duty of obligations onsite. Lead regular equipment inspections on location, report and act on the results of those audits
- Controls QA/QC process of service companies.
- Ensuring all well work programs are executed safely, and that all major risks have been identified and mitigated with reviewing of JHA onsite
- Ensuring HSE has the highest priority during drilling operations, and that safety management tools are fully utilised to minimise risk, (i.e. Risk assessments, manual handling assessments, toolbox talks etc)
- Ensure all incidents, accidents and near misses are correctly reported and are investigated appropriately where necessary.
Planning & Organization
- Utilization of good practices, controls and processes to safeguard technical integrity of Campany assets, in respect of drilling operations.
- Provide technical inputs and Review Drilling Programs and ensuring that they are fully fit for purpose and understood by all key personnel on site.
- Preparation and execution of rig move plans to adhere to planning schedule.
- Accurate transfer of information and data relating to Well files and well data, in line with Assala procedures
- Interface with production and ALS team members. Integrate and liaise with other entities to ensure efficient execution of Drilling programs Operations:
- Apply and follow the Company rules and related international practices and standards. By default, if the standard is not explained by Company Rules, the API Recommended Practices are applicable
- Communicate discrepancies and deficiencies in drilling program, procedures, etc, and ensure that deviations from programs are only executed with the appropriate level of technical authorisation.
- Ensure all lessons learned are captured and shared within Company and Contractors for operations optimization purposes.
- Ensures that Well Integrity principles and requirements are maintained in rig operations
- Control contractors’ equipment mobilization, site storage and utilization, and optimize the cost by timely demobilization of unnecessary items.
- Reviews all proposed BHA and tallies during execution of the operations.
- Have a formal technical education in Petroleum, Mechanical Engineering, Applied Physics or a similar technical.
- Have twelve (12) or more years of drilling, completions and well interventions experience, where minimum 5 years were Operating Companies
- Fluent in English. French is advantage for communication on site (French-speaking majority).
- A IWCF Surface BOP Stack Certificate (Supervisory Level) is essential.
- Ability to work effectively with others. Strong interpersonal relations and communication skills. Forward looking problem solving. Autonomous and adaptable.
- Respectful and discreet to colleagues and contractors.
- Flexible and resour ceful