Medical Informatics IT Engineer (Hospital projects) Job Description
WTS Energy is seeking to hire Medical Informatics IT Engineer for one of its client who is a reputed Engineering and management company to work on the hospital project.
The successful candidate Must have experience in hospitals IT design he/she will be responsible for the design development throughout all the project design phases the projects located in Iraq. During the Engineering and Procurement phase, he/she will be based in Abu Dhabi with the requirement to travel to Iraq (Basra region) on business trips from time to time for meetings with the Client and site visits.
Experience in Large scale hospitals is a must.
· Design of medical informatics system to assure the successful function of the Hospital Information System performance the design to include software, hardware and networks
· Plan and analyses, based on Hospital procedures, the data flow related with all the hospital services including medical, nursing and administrative procedures.
· Plan IT workstation locations and specifications.
· Design the low current IT network and issue the specifications in coordination with Electrical Engineering team.
· Plan and prepare specifications and solutions for a complete integrated HIS, based on hospital operational and functional procedures including workstation and server hardware, data access and storage safety requirements, network connectivity, integrity and security.
· Plan solutions for integrated HIS project implementation including time schedule, staff training, system testing and updates, data storage, access and safety and all other ELV systems
· Issue a request for proposal, including project deadlines, functional expectations, specifications, operational procedures and integrated HIS project requirements including staff training, system installation, system testing and handover and system upgrading and maintenance.
· Coordinate and supervise HIS integration and system connectivity, staff training and system testing.
· Work collaboratively with design consultant and project team, internal departments, outside agencies and stakeholders to execute HIS project planning and design in coordination with all related standards, codes, guidelines, regulatory requirements and security requirements.
· Expert knowledge of integrated HIS.
· Develop guidelines for the management, maintenance and security of HIS.
· A university degree in IT Engineering or related field. Preferable a master’s degree in Medical Informatics.
· Minimum 15 years demonstrable experience in IT systems design and technical support.
· Experience in Hospital Information Systems including design, health care procedures analysis and system’s support.
· Ability to cooperate and work with design team.
· Experience with related standards and international guidelines.
· Record of engagement with a wide range of stakeholders.