Mechanical Technician (Power Plant) Job Description
WTS Energy is seeking to hire Mechanical Technicians for one of its clients who is a reputed Power Plant company.
Carry out troubleshooting, routine and non-routine mechanical equipment maintenance, and assist in overhauls of all mechanical equipment related to the Power & Water plant, inclusive of Pumps, Fans, Turbines, Valves, Heat exchangers, pipes, etc.
· 3 years Diploma with two to three years of industrial experience (OR) Technical Certificate with five to six years of industrial experience (OR) Schooling education with nine to ten years of industrial experience
· Power & Water plant Industrial experience is preferred
· Basic knowledge of Mechanical Tools and applications
· Perform day-to-day Mechanical Maintenance jobs as per prescribed procedures and protocols.
· Good skills in Mechanical works like drilling, cutting & grinding, etc.
· Good skills in Pump disassembly /assembly and alignment.
· Good skills in Turbine, valves, and Heat exchanger maintenance and overhaul works
· Good skills in repairing different types of pipeline-related works.
· Good knowledge about General safety in industries
· Able to read and interpret the drawings, P&IDs, sectional views, isometrics, etc.
· Knowledge with certification in rigging and/or welding will be added advantage
· Good English communication skills- (Reading, writing, and speaking)
· Exposed to Electrical hazards
· Exposed to Mechanical hazards
· Occasionally required to work at height
· Occasionally required to work in confined spaces
· Able to work on a rotating or day shift and may be on call.