Mechanical Engineer(Hospital Fire Fighting & Fire Alarm Systems) Job Description
WTS Energy is seeking to hire Mechanical Engineer(Hospital Fire Fighting FF & Fire Alarm FA Systems) for one of its client who is a reputed Engineering management company.
The successful candidate Must have experience in hospitals FF&FA design he/she will be responsible for the design development throughout all the project design phases the projects located in Iraq. During the Engineering and Procurement phase, he/she will be based in Abu Dhabi with the requirement to travel to Iraq (Basra region) on business trips from time to time for meetings with the Client and site visits.
Experience in Large scale hospitals is a must.
· Design calculation and presentation for the hospital Fire Fighting (FF) and Fire Alarm (FA) systems.
· Smoke Management system (in coordination with HVAC Engineer).
· Prepare documents and reports for the client such as FF and FA systems design progress reports, design review reports and any other document related with the design and development of project’s FF and FA systems.
· Work collaboratively with design consultant and project team, internal departments, outside agencies and stakeholders to execute project design in coordination with all applicable FF and FA systems standards, codes, guidelines, regulatory requirements and project’s requirements.
· Expert knowledge of FF and FA system design and construction of Hospitals and Health Care facilities, ability to provide any needed technical expertise support for the project’s FA and FF systems.
· Plan FF and FA system maintenance procedures and protocols related with the hospital’s FF and FA system functional requirements and periodic testing of FA performance.
· Plan the training procedure of hospital’s engineers and technical staff for the operation and functional monitoring of all FF and FA systems.
· Plan and organize FF and FA system and related facilities testing and commissioning during hospital hand over including acceptance testing protocols, quality control procedures and FF and FA system certifications.
· A university degree in Mechanical Engineering or relevant degree
· Minimum 15 years demonstrable experience in design and planning of FF and FA systems and atleast 5 years’ experience in FA and FF systems related with Health Care facilities.
· Experience in commissioning, regulation and acceptance testing of FF and FA systems.
· Ability to cooperate and work with design team.
· Experience with related standards and international guidelines.