Our client is an integrated energy company whose dedication to the energy transition translates into tangible actions aimed at achieving carbon neutrality by 2050. They are looking for a Mechanical Engineer To provide specialistic mechanical engineering input to the projects activities starting from the screening studies up to the completion of the execution phase, as direct performer and/or as monitoring/follow-up of the activities performed by others (i.e. contractors).
- Supervising and directing Engineering Detail Contractors during the design, procurement and construction activities, ensuring the quality of the works according to the contract requirements.
- Expediting suppliers of mechanical equipment, through desk or field expediting.
- Supervise installation of mechanical equipment and fabrication/installation of piping
- Providing technical input, in line with project requirements, into technical studies and Basis of Design.
- Ensuring a smooth and effective transfer of data and information between Contractors and between Contractors and the Company.
- Defining Piping and Layout requirements.
- Optimizing installation and construction activities / sequences, minimizing cost and safety risks.
- Acting as a technical authority on mechanical & piping issues for the Project, for example, reply to formal Deviation/Concession Requests issued by contractors and where necessary act as coordinator in resolution of technical issues.
- Assessing capabilities and limitations of detail design contractors and incorporating in development planning and risk mitigation processes.
- Participation to technical integrity activities and reviews/audits.
Mechanical engineering degree or equivalent
At least 5 years of experience in Mechanical & Piping Engineering
Preferred construction supervision experience
Professional Role general knowledge
- Mechanical, Machinery and Piping Engineering
- Plant Design
- Process Engineering
- Material and Corrosion Design
- Civil and Structural Design Project Engineering