WTS Energy is seeking to hire Manager – Economics and Planning (Financial Control) for one of its client who is a reputed Marine and Logistics company in Qatar.
Advise the VP and EVP on the economics, health and financial planning of the business unit. Maintain the books for Africa, UK and Singapore. Mentor, train and develop the succession plan.
– Implement an effective Budgeting System to ensure the organizational objectives are achieved and it serves as a basis for the cost structure underlying the budget – provide an encompassing framework by which all aspects of an organization's activity are summarized into a comprehensive set of financial statements against which actual outcomes can be monitored and reported;
• Develop accurate budgets/ forecasts for entire Company Offshore System
• Manage and create Structured Measurement Dynamic Models with pre-defined set of parameters for effective reporting and pro-active action and address cost-benefit issues and cope with internal and external changes;
• Manage reporting of Opex, Project costs and Capex variance to ensure effective Cost and Operational Control of vessels, projects and Assets;
• Deliver insightful Management reporting to different stakeholders, identifying root causes of budget variance and developing Opex; assess responsibility and action to make informed, fact-based corrective decisions;
• Ensure Offshore Pillar achieves its objectives, analyse variance to make sure the Division functions within the prescribed guidelines and is within the acceptable norms of deviations, including utilization variance;
• Create and track meaningful KPIs and KPI targets to ensure contribution of Company Offshore unit to strategic goals of the Group, integrating inputs from Stakeholders;
• Manage Performance Management Tool, COGNOS and Direct reports;
• Mentor, train and lead direct reports for a 24 month succession goal;
• Support development of business cases for Special Projects team;
• Collate information and provide Opex/Capex costings in support of Commercial preparation of tenders;
• Conduct periodic business reviews and engage in preparation and presentation of Quarterly Business Review for Company Offshore, through analysis and inputs from different stakeholders;
• Advise on economics and financial planning to the VP and EVP of the business unit;
• Ensure the health and safety of all employees and the protection of the environment for all sites/work premises under their control;
• Maintain and close Singapore and UK Books;
• Follow up on payments and receivables;
Bachelor's degree in Accounts or Finance field or similar post graduate specialization
MBA or equivalent degree preferred.
Min 8 years’ experience in accounts, finance, economics planning or regional controller functions