- Ensure proper environmental health, safety, security and quality standards are in place and maintained in all plant process activities.
- Plan, direct, control and lead KLP operations unit in the development of new lubes products and services while updating current formulations and improving current services.
- Ensures Optimization of plant asset & resources (manpower, equipment, formulas, costs and trade secrets).
- Blending Expertise and best practices, Used Oils management.
- Assist in launching and introduction of new products and services as required.
- Confirm that specifications for packaging materials are in accordance to group standard.
- Base oil & additive supply chain management, price dynamics and packaging material supplier audits.
- Any other job as may be assigned by the Head, Lubes & Head, Lube Operations.
- Develop cost efficient formulations that meet customers’ needs and maximize the company margins.
- Provide up to date technical data and information on formulations and blending programs for lubricants.
- Actively identify and initiate new/additional products development initiatives for various target consumers, automotive and industrial markets.
- Direct and manage development activities from concept design, prototype to finished products.
- Work with customers, end users to further understand customer needs and proffer solutions.
- Maintain effective supervision of Plants, Warehouse personnel, counseling on approach, ensuring that project objectives are met and stay on schedule.
- Establish that all design outputs meet the design inputs through product testing and field test validation that all necessary product certifications, OEM and statutory approvals are obtained and documented before product launch.
- Develop and implement improved methods and procedures to improve the time and effectiveness on the development, testing and validation of new products. Monitor operational and cost efficiency of all plants and warehouses.
University degree in Chemical/Mechanical Engineering or any related fields
Minimum of 10 years post-graduation and relevant experience, 5 of which must be in a supervisory/managerial or equivalent capacity in a reputable organization