Our Client in Amsterdam is looking for a Logistics Manager Europe. Our client offers flexible, scalable technology solutions for electric vehicles. Their electric vehicle charging stations support the adoption and growth of low-emission e-mobility in over 20 countries worldwide.
The Logistics Manager Europe will manage the implementation and continuous improvement of Our Client’s European Logistics, that includes but not limited to Logistics, Transport, Cargo Handling, Packing & Documentations, Support Services and Customer Contract Obligations. You would be responsible to enhance internal processes and logistics to maintain the maximum efficiency in all processes.
This position is based in Amsterdam and you report directly to the Operations Director Europe. You will work closely with your colleagues in Europe, USA and Australia to drive the best Operational Logistics results, securing the growth of revenue by the best optimum transport and logistics and incoming and outgoing goods. All within clear objectives and in a structured and detailed execution plan for the European business expansion and objectives.
· Source, implement and operationalize a logistics network for EU regional business unit, in cooperation and joint strategy of corporate logistics, for both company logistics as for contractual obligation under Service Level Agreements;
· Actively seek out alternative, and/or negotiate existing Transport, Logistics, Stock / Consignment Stock and shipping options in order to secure company and contractual obligations, in a continuous improved performance. Securing the implementations with the different transport and logistic partners, of contracts and negotiate the best possible rates;
· Coordinate and manage the logistics team in EU (Logistics Coordinator and other possible FTE’s to compose the team), responsible for transport, logistics, loading/unloading, packing/unpacking, Spare Parts (Inventory and Warehouse Management) as possible other related activities;
· Review the success of logistical functions, identify areas for improvement and propose improvements to management, as well and the needed reporting of the measurable KPI’s;
· Attend the regular Operations (Production, Inventory and Warehouse),Service and Customer Support meetings and work on the joint resolutions of the existing issues;
· Together with the team handle all bookings including coordinating internal and external delivery schedules to ensure business needs are met. Generating all shipping paperwork including assisting with customs clearance and commercial paperwork, as well as monitoring the cargo progress assuring the timely deliveries and keep management and customers updated;
· Assurance and participation in foreign trade programs to minimize duties and taxes, including duty drawbacks for finished goods exports, etc.;
· Liaise with internal staff as necessary to gather information and complete all necessary documentation;
· Work with the Senior Customer Engineers to develop spare parts kits, create and maintain min / max spare part volumes, as well as maintain a spare parts catalogue, with the respective price list in Netsuite;
· Process Intercompany transfer orders for our other sites;
· Work together with Inventory, Planning, Production and Warehouse teams on the optimization of the inventory stock levels securing the best just in time delivery process;
· Work with the Sale Teams to secure the fulfilment of the logistics obligations of our Customers Sales Orders (Packing, Documentation, Transport, Unloading, etc);
· Manage the shortages board at production and the warehouse to optimize inventory flow to the line, by finding the best possible logistics alternatives;
· Support and participate in sourcing, procurement and purchasing agreements and orders;
· Support and participate in inventory management, stock take and other inventory and warehouse related activities;
· Work together with the EU Operations Director on other logistics projects (SLA’s, Subcontractors, regional warehouses and consignment stocks, etc);
· Support cost accounting and standard costing activities;
· Support systems implementation activities in NetSuite;
· Support relevant cross-functional continuous improvement projects;
· Conduct business development activities where and when appropriated;
· Travel according to the business needs;
· Any other activity required by the company
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent working experience in a related field
· Min 5 years of relevant experience preferably in a manufacturing industry
· Good knowledge and experience in Logistics area especially in certification and documentation
· Excellent communication skills with proficiency in English and Dutch both written and verbal
· Administratively accurate, diligent and result oriented
· Ability to multitask
Are you a multitasker with many years of experience in the Logistics field and you enjoy working in a fast pace environment? Apply now to this vacancy.