WTS Energy is seeking to hire Legal Counsel for one of its client who is a reputed ship buidling and marine engineering company.
Reviewing commercial agreements, taking down minutes of meetings, and assisting with shipping corporate, competition, employment, regulatory, environmental, property, insurance and other ad-hoc legal matters, whether of a litigation or transactional nature.
- Recommend improvements to departmental policy and direct the implementation of procedures and controls covering all areas of department activity so that all relevant procedural/legislative requirements are fulfilled while delivering a quality, cost-effective service.
- Ensure employees are aware and follow the information Security Rules and data security measures in order to protect the company information / intellectual properties.
- Managing, drafting, reviewing and negotiating commercial agreements and or litigation matters.
- Attending board meetings and taking down minutes.-(where requested).
- Participating in conference calls and note taking.
- Assisting on corporate mergers and acquisitions.
- Notarizations of Power of Attorney Legal Translations and any other documents.
- Drafting Board Resolutions.
- Review insurance related documents, claims procedures, tender documents.
- Assist in carrying out research on various legal issues.
- Assist in providing regular updates on litigation related matters.
- Assist in maintaining and updating legal policies and procedures.
- Assist in the development of the department budget by preparing analysis and data related to specific elements as directed.
- Providing formal and informal feedback to ensure that all work within a specific area is carried out in an efficient manner and in accordance with set individual targets.
- Ensuring work is carried out in a collegiate atmosphere with a focus on empowerment and upselling.
- Contribute to the identification of opportunities for continuous improvement of systems, processes and practices taking into account ‘international best practice’, improvement of business processes, cost reduction and productivity improvement.
- Supervise the preparation of timely reports to meet company and department requirements, policies and standards.
- Ensure compliance to all relevant safety, quality and environmental management policies, procedures and controls across the section in order to guarantee employee safety, legislative compliance and a responsible environmental attitude.
- Perform other related duties or assignments as directed.
- Devise tools to react changes in project plan to realise the interests of the stake holders.
- Monitor matter/transactional related external expenditure.
Must be fluent in English.
Knowledge of additional languages are added advantage
Very good knowledge in technical terms and report writing skills.
Knowledge and experience of shipping /oil and gas law.
Experience in a similar position in a reputable shipyard or shipping company or in private practice.
Familiar with technical terms related to the shipping and oil and gas industries.
Project Management and Contract negotiation skills.
Graduate degree in law in any jurisdiction.
Admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction
Minimum 1 to 3 years of legal work experience