WTS Energy is seeking to hire Lead Technical Safety Engineer role in UAE for one of it client who is a reputed EPCM client.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Provide integrity assurance of Process designs through appropriate application of Company technical standards and specifications, implementation of DCAF and review of design deliverables and activities.
• Ensure schedule and cost considerations are included in design decisions, while maintaining primary responsibility to assure safe and appropriate quality designs.
• Ensure repeated delivery of projects with HSSE & SP risks demonstrably managed to as low as reasonably practicable (ALARP), creating a workplace without harm.
• Ensure Technical HSE Engineering activities are executed in alignment with Company’s Project Delivery Roadmap and Opportunity Realization Process.
• Validate strategies/conceptual designs during early project phases.
• Audit construction field activities for compliance and assist in resolution of field non-conformance issues as required.
• Ensure design meets requirements of Company’s HSSE Framework.
• Design and develop, as required, innovative technical approaches to the broader Technical HSE engineering issues and contribute to continuous business improvement initiatives (fit for purpose)
• Deliver integrated HSE risk management support (including hazard identification, major hazard assessment, developing HSE Cases and contributing to layout reviews, human factors and health risk assessments, ESH impact assessment, as part of the Hazards and Effects Management Process) across the full lifecycle of the projects.
• Identification and communication of HSSE best practices
• Provide (one stop shop) Technical HSE engineering support and delivery in accordance with the HSSE & SP Control Framework and associated standards, guidelines and relevant regulatory safety requirements for QPH minor / base and medium projects up to 20MUSD CAPEX / project.
• Accountability for technical HSE engineering deliverables and engineering execution planning support including provision of senior engineering expertise.
• Proactively working with the Engineering Manager to keep projects on track and achieve Top Quartile (TQ) performance for the portfolio.
• Drive and delivery of an ever increasing effectiveness and efficiency in producing project designs, through Elimination, Simplification, Standardisation and Automation balanced against the need for Top Quartile FEL in, and quality designs for the projects.
• BSc., University in Chemical Engineering, Process Engineering or equivalent
• Minimum 15 years experience in Oil and Gas related Technical HSE Design and Engineering out of which minimum 5 years experience in Oil and Gas Project Delivery as an Umbrella Contract Lead Technical HSE engineer function in a multidiscipline Workforce.
• Performs as a professional Technical HSE engineer for projects and plant modifications from Front End Development through execution / commissioning and start-up
• Fully conversant with quantitative risk and consequences simulation software such as PHAST risk, FRED, SHEPHERD (Must)
• Experience of working on Company projects will be a distinct added advantage
• Good communication skills and report writing skills, experience of writing technical reports is
• Experience in the Middle East, an advantage, as is front-end and commissioning experience and execution.
• Proven leadership skills and strong personal drive in order to meet deadlines and specific targets.
• Experienced HAZID / HAZOP Secretary (Must)
• Fully conversant with Hazard and effects management process / bowtie development (Must)
• Team player with clear evidence of working with others to deliver on goals.
• Strong, and demonstrated, personal commitment to HSSE Leadership and experience in managing HSSE throughout all project phases
• Being able to discuss technical issues with process engineers
• Experience in providing support to engineering disciplines
• Experience with project management