Ensure well engineering & well operations by execution contractor as per plan and safety requirement. Follow up day to day drilling operations. Sign off drilling part of well acceptance criteria, preparation of End of well reports.
- Responsible for collaboration with Integrated Services Execution Contractors to deliver the wells and overall drilling campaigns with zero or minimal environmental impact, and in compliance with all the Statutory, Regulatory, Company standards, policies & guidelines and relevant API guidelines and industry best practices.
- Responsibilities of the Drilling engineers shall include, but not be limited to the under-listed:
- Review and validate all drilling-related draft plans/programs submitted by the Execution Contractor and make recommendations to the Execution Contractor incorporating anticipated risk and its mitigation measures
- Review and validate the final plan/programs submitted by the Execution Contractor and make recommendations to the company along with the rationale/ basis of recommendation at all decision points/ gates
- Review and validate Basis of well design (BOWD), Re-entry and Sidetrack feasibility studies, Review Completion basis of design documents in coordination with the Petroleum Engineers.
- Participate in campaign kick-off meetings and drive Drill Well On Paper (DWOP)
- Review and validation of individual well programs, drilling montages, directional plan, drilling fluid program, cementing program, abandonment program, well suspension program etc. received from growth partners
- Review and make recommendations to Execution Contractor/ company on the HSE bridging documents, Waste management and disposal plan, Emergency response plan etc.
- Review Execution Contractor’s Well Control guide, Basis of rig selection, Blowout contingency plan, Oil spill response plan, FDP drilling inputs, P&A strategy, suspension strategy, Risk matrix & action plan tracker, Inventory plan, Long lead items tracking, Drilling schedule and sequence, Permit to work & SIMOPS plan, Environment Monitoring and Waste management plan and other project-related documentation.
Terms & Conditions
Type : Consultant Role
Rotation : 21/21 Days On/Off
Note: Only candidates, who are currently based, in India will be considered.
Masters/ Bachelor degree in Engineering (Preferably Petroleum/Mechanical) from a reputed institute
Minimum 8-10 years of experience handling Drilling operations including 3+ years of experience in exploration programs.
Good knowledge of Well design & drilling engineering principles and best practices, Directional drilling, Mud engineering, Cementing, Well Construction operations, Well abandonment operations, and critical Well construction equipment such as BOP, Wellhead & X-mas tree, Hoisting system, Cementing Equipment, Mud pumps, Liner Hanger systems, and other completion equipment, etc.