WTS Energy is seeking to hire Lead Calculation Engineer for one of its client who is a reputed offshore engineering company.
Location: Dubai, UAE
Leading, guiding, developing and motivating the team of Calculation Engineers to ensure all work is completed on time and according to relevant standards, and specifications.
Multidisciplinary role on Structural, Mechanical & Piping Engineering, aiming successful development of EPCI projects.
Education and experience needs to be typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited University, course of study in structural/mechanical engineering with broad knowledge of offshore structures. Previous leadership experience (2+ yrs) in Offshore O&G projects is beneficial.
- Lead the development, integration and documentation of project requirements to establish and achieve the required design.
- Challenge engineering and fabrication requirements to fulfil efficient designs through leadership and collaboration within a multidisciplinary and multicultural team of engineers (structural, piping, mechanical).
- Liaise with internal project and production teams and external vendors and subcontractors.
- Develop analytical processes and tools to improve effectiveness, quality and efficiency of the department.
- Provide input to feasibility studies, design criteria, reports, preliminary design and engineering specifications.
- Prepare conceptual and detailed design calculations, layouts, sketches, specifications.
- Guides product design and verifies structural integrity by using and developing analytical tools, FEM simulations throughout all design phases.
- Investigate field and design problems and prepare reports.
- Lead design reviews internally and liaise with Classification Societies (DNV, ABS, BV) for obtaining project review approvals.
- Site visits and inspections.
- Supervise and lead structural and piping project team(s), monitoring progress and issue of deliverables and reporting on performance of the team.
- Preparation of Studies, Design Criteria, and Quantity Estimates.
- Contribute to preparation of proposals and man-hour estimates.
- Promote the achievement of the Project Core Expectations.
- Develop and implement Project Engineering Procedures and efficiency.
- Develop and promote Engineering Safety in Design initiatives.
- Actively promote an emphasis on Safety.
- Create a professionally challenging work environment for team members.
- Coordinate all requirements for the related project with other disciplines.
The responsibilities and duties highlighted in this Job Description are indicative, and may vary over time. Post holders are expected to undertake other duties and responsibilities relevant to the nature, level and extent of the post.
- Minimum of 2+ years of technical project leadership.
- At least 5 years of Structural/Mechanical professional experience.
- Structural/Mechanical/Civil Engineering Degree, ideally MSc.
- Demonstrated strength in technical communication, articulation in design decisions and technical mentorship.
- Demonstrated understanding of international Regulatory framework for the Offshore Oil & Gas Industry such as: AISC (WSD/LRFD), API-RP-2A, DNV / ABS, ASME.
- Experience in dealing with classification societies such as DNV, ABS, BV in relation to structural and piping design.
- Well versed in calculation (FEM) and drafting software (CAD) such as but not restricted to STAAD, FEMAP, ANSYS, AUTOCAD.
- Demonstrated understanding of structural analysis and fatigue and failure modes associated to structural/mechanical systems.
- Proficient on hand analytical calculations.
- Technical knowledge of steel fabrication (piping and structural). Knowledge of High Pressure piping (5,000psi, 10,000psi, 15,000psi WP) is beneficial.