Our Client who offers flexible, scalable technology solutions for electric vehicles is looking for a Junior Controller to join their Finance team. Their electric vehicle charging stations support the adoption and growth of low-emission e-mobility in over 20 countries worldwide.
You will report directly to the Finance Director EU (FDE) who is based at the EU Head Quarters in Amsterdam and you will work closely with your colleagues in Europe, USA and Australia to achieve Finance Objectives.
• Assist the FDE with the general ledger maintenance of the European operations of the Group,
ensuring compliance with both internal policies and external reporting standards
• Ensuring the accurate and timely processing of intergroup transactions
• Preparation of month end closing and assisting the FDE with Management & Group reporting (including conversion from local GAAP to IFRS), adhering to strict reporting deadlines set by the Group
• Supporting the FDE in the preparation of monthly cost center reporting for each Department Director to assist them in accurately measuring the performance of their department
• Being responsible for preparing monthly and year-end balance sheet reconciliations and maintaining all relevant supporting schedules
• Maintaining the Fixed Asset Register
• Preparation of statutory filings on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis (including ESL, VAT, CBS reporting)
• Ensuring the accurate and timely processing of Customer invoicing and revenue recognition, in line with local reporting standards (Order-to-Pay), acting as the link between Finance and Business Development
• Assisting with the timely collection of accounts receivable within the agreed timelines
• Providing accounts payable ledger maintenance support and payment processing to ensure that Supplier invoices are processed accurately, in a timely manner and payments are made in line with the terms agreed with Suppliers (Procure-to-Pay)
• Timely and accurate data entry and processing of inventory transactions on a weekly basis.
• Ensuring that inventory controls are adhered to and functioning properly in line with Group policies and guidelines, with monthly reporting on the functioning of the controls to the FDE
• Providing administrative support to the FDE with payroll related matters from time to time
• Assisting with periodical stock takes
• Assisting with the annual audit process
Key relationships :
– Finance Director EU
– Supply chain & procurement team
– Department Directors
• At least 3 years post qualification commercial experience in a manufacturing or similar multinational environment
• Experience of owning the full “end-to-end” finance function
• Excellent command of English, good command of the Dutch language (both written and spoken)
• Previous experience working in a fast-paced, start-up or scale-up environment would be an added advantage
· Living in the vicinity of Amsterdam area
Do you meet the requirements and you are looking for a challenging career in the renewable energy? Apply now! We look forward to receiving your application.