For one of our clients, an international FPSO owner and operator, we are currently looking for an Instrument Technician. This positions will initially be based in China for the commissioning phase, after which the FPSO will move to Brazil.
Maintain, repair and ensure interrupted operation of all instruments related to the operation of the FPSO.
• Maintain, repair, update and calibrate all instrument systems
• Know Emergency Shutdown and Fire and Gas Detection systems
• Follow PTW system, rules, regulations and work procedures applicable to his responsibilities
• Take supportive role as backup personnel to SEIT and EIT
• Responsible for checking and recording of status on all process field instrumentation
• Liaise with Storekeeper and PSUP for spare parts stock and necessary purchasing
• Assist in maintenance of various safety and alarm systems in whole unit
• Carry out routine safety tests and checks on equipment as required.
• Undertake training relevant to the position requirements
• On-the-job-training of colleagues and trainees
• Carry out the duties and tasks as specified in the Emergency Response Plan
Furthermore, the Instrument Technician must perform the work required by his superior and perform tasks according to company procedures, including administrative or operational tasks.
General education, certificates and experience:
a) Automation Technical education, Electronics or Instrument Technical Education
b) Register and valid identification by the Regional Engineering, Architecture and Agronomy Council (CREA)