The Quality Manager IQC is responsible for the IQC team to sample check identified parts from suppliers and internal sub assembly builds and give all stakeholders feedback with regards defects or issues found and driving improvement actions to resolve.
Key responsibilities for this role include, but are not limited to:
- Manage the daily activities of the IQC team from both a quality and operations point of view to perform all inspections & configuration activities and follow all agreed procedures as released by engineering.
- Adjust inspection quantities from sample to large batches when required or adhoc measurements in production if issues are found to ensure production runs smoothly
- Review All issues captured in IQC and have the team raise NCRS , implement actions or feedback loops with relevant parties to highlight the issue and resolve at supplier, production or engineering level.
- Report IQC statistics to all required parties on daily / monthly basis
- Work with responsible parties to resolve IQC sample errors identified. Steer the parties to resolve at source of manufacture or test creations ASAP so that sample checks are error free through IQC’s. No out of spec parts to go into production.
- Ensure production is not delayed due to IQC inspections.
- Perform inspections for spare parts supplies and component testing for repairs of parts from field units
- Provide support during new product develop for FAIRS / ISIRs and part validation measurements.
- Assess and maintain all of the company’s Integrated Management System related policies, procedures, and work instructions for area of responsibility.
- Work collaboratively and in conjunction with the company’s senior management in the development, implementation, maintenance, and continual improvement of the company’s Integrated Management System including procedures, policies, and work methods.
- Assist the company’s senior management in defining, documenting, and implementing objectives and targets at relevant levels and functions within the organization
- To take IQC lead for Tritium while Brisbane is lead plant and assist regional IQC’s with support, equipment requirements and procedures for parts being processed through IQC.
- To ensure all tooling and equipment is calibrated and maintained
- Identifying, authoring, and deploying QBP’s (Quality Best Practices) across all aspects of the organization
- Provide training on all aspects of Quality Engineering, with a focus on RCA.
- Attend daily / weekly / monthly meeting were IQC or project representation is required
- Adhoc projects or activities where required to support IQC or quality initiatives
Qualifications & Experience
- Manager in a previous Quality supervisory or similar role, 2-3 years
- Process and people focused. Excellent communication skills and competences to lead a team.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, or other discipline with Quality Engineering focus
- +2 years’ experience in organizational standards like ISO, VDA or likewise and the corresponding internal auditing methodology
- + 5 years’ experience working in a high technology quality driven environment.
- + 2 years’ experience working directly with Issue Reporting Systems, with a deep knowledge in the corresponding systems / tools / procedures (8D, RedX, 5Y’s, Fishbones, FMEA’s, etc.)
- +2 years’ experience leading CI (Continuous Improvement) projects in Engineering, Manufacturing, Supply Chain etc.