- Management and execution of assigned projects within and outside Nigeria from design, construction, commissioning, and handover, while ensuring delivery in accordance with project specifications, schedule and budget.
- Undertake project value engineering to ensure cost and schedule are best-in- class, while adhering to the relevant specifications, standards and applicable codes.
- Develop technical and commercial specifications for contracts, review technical proposals, organize general tender processes and manage contractor performance.
- Perform vendor identification, pre- qualification, tender clarifications and technical evaluations.
- Responsible for the identification, mitigation and management of risk on the assigned project.
- Lead project risk mitigation through HAZOP studies, constructability reviews etc.
- Facilitate the development of a strong safety culture in the project team and compliance with company HSE standards by contractors on site.
- Contribute to the development of business proposals and infrastructural investment appraisals, where applicable
- Degree in Engineering preferred or demonstrable experience in EPC Project Management within the Oil and Gas Sector.
- 10+ years of work experience in providing EPC Project Management to large Energy, Oil and Gas and/or Industrial clients. Prior experience in EPC projects in Sub-Saharan Africa preferred but not mandatory.
- Strong project-based delivery experience; strategic thinking. Project Management Professional Certification preferred but not mandatory.
- Excellent ability to express self-confidently, clearly, fluently, concisely and persuasively in spoken and written English.
- Proven ability to coach, guide, motivate and lead multicultural and cross-functional teams in challenging environments.
- Knowledge of Planning, Cost Reporting, Estimating and Change Control techniques.
- Knowledge of value engineering process & techniques.
- Supervision of Quality Assurance & Quality Control implementation plans for all projects.
- Ability to supervise projects and ensure delivery within stipulated time and budget cost.
- Develop Scope of Work based on Stakeholder requirements for all major projects