For our client, a major company responsible for all phases of the oil and gas industry, we are looking for Head of International Exploration & Growth.
Responsible and accountable for managing all company's international non-operated exploration, appraisal
and growth assets in Middle East and Asia at the highest safety standards and technical/operational
excellence to maximize economic value creation for company in the international upstream sector.
Manage all technical, operational and all related administrative activities in exploration, appraisal and growth assets in Middle East and Asia.
Supervise Exploration and Growth asset teams consisting of multidisciplinary teams of professionals and support function staff for company's global exploration assets.
Provide technical leadership, oversight and assurance and provide a deep subsurface knowledge of the
conventional and unconventional exploration plays across Middle East and Asia.
Plan and formulate in line with Exploration and Growth Manager, the long- and short-term asset
management strategies and plans and to represent company's interests to partners and operators.
Work closely with partner counterparts in each respective asset/project in order to set out mutually
acceptable project execution and performance targets through the business planning and the budget
Actively promote areas for growth and business development across Middle East and Asia and work
closely with the Business Development teams to manage growth projects and evaluations.
Oil/gas finder with 15+ years’ experience as explorer in international oil companies
• Experienced exploration leader with 1st hand operational experience, and track record of having
led teams through the full exploration value chain, from BD to appraisal hand-over
. In-depth firsthand knowledge and experience of Middle Eastern and Asian sedimentary basins and exploration landscape a must
• Proven track record of prospect maturation and risking in conventional and unconventional exploration plays
• Demonstrated ability to manage multi-disciplinary teams, projects and ventures
• A keen explorer who enjoys working within a close team of professionals to mature exploration projects and provide clear recommendations for the company and JV
• An ability to enthuse the team and to mentor younger staff as well as to reach across different disciplines
• Must be able to work in a non-operated capacity demonstrating communication skills fundamental to preserving credibility and influencing company's operating JV partners
• Should be abreast of the latest technological advancements in the industry
M.Sc. or higher in a core Geoscience subject