· To ensure all Mexico’s well delivery campaigns are conducted in compliance with the deliverables.
· To supervise the execution of detailed well designs for the Mexico’s drilling campaign, in a manner compliant with the data submitted in the well data packages.
· To supervise the implementation of detailed drilling programmes for the execution of Mexico’s drilling campaign, in a manner compliant with the detailed well design and data package requirements.
· To ensure all drilling programmes and amendments are compliant with the companie’s Energy Drilling Policy, and other regulatory requirements stipulated in the drilling campaign.
· To conduct and facilitate well-related HAZIDs and risk assessments.
· To review all drilling related documentation for drilling programme submissions for efficiency, safety and compliance with internal’s Energy Drilling Policy, and other regulatory requirements.
· To ensure contingency plans are in place for deviation from the planned drilling programmes.
· To seek technical advice and support from the International Drilling & Operations Manager, Well Team Leader, and Drilling Supervisors in the execution of Mexico’s drilling activities to ensure all well operations are conducted in a safe and effective manner in compliance with the requirements of the detailed drilling programme.
· To provide the primary interface between Mexico’s Drilling Team and Mexico’s General Manager.
· To provide the interface with the rig offshore management and service company personnel teams. To liaise with the drilling contractor’s rig manager and work with the drilling contractor to ensure safe and efficient operations.
· To supervise the Mexico-based drilling engineering team and service company support engineers in the Mexico City office.
· To co-ordinate operations, personnel, materials, equipment, services and external agencies to safely minimize well downtime and costs. To ensure drilling equipment called-off for the campaign is QA/QC inspected prior to delivery.
· To liaise with the onshore Mexico’s staff team to ensure that all relevant operational information is effectively communicated.
· Participate in any incident investigations which arise.
· Demonstrate personal commitment and leadership to the safety and integrity Mexico’s drilling campaign. Ensure the well designs and drilling programmes are in full compliance with Corporate and Statutory Health, Safety & Environmental Management requirements.
· Conduct and facilitate pre-spud meetings, audits, HAZID’s & risk analyses for all non-standard and higher risk operations.
· Highlight and manage all well or well design non-conformances during planning and operational activities.
· Support the International Drilling & Operations Manager with the reporting, management, follow up, and close out all offshore incidents and non-conformances.
· Reports to, and takes direction from, the International Drilling & Operations Manager. Interfaces with all levels of Operation’s teams
· Main focal-point for Mexico’s well design and execution programmes for all Drilling Rig and 3rd party service contractor’s staff in Mexico.
Necessary Qualifications and Experience:
· +15 years’ experience in offshore drilling operations planning, execution and supervision. Experience with moored and DP operated semi-submersibles; least 8 years in Leadership roles (as offshore Drilling Supervisor or offshore Drilling Superintendent).
· To be in possession of a valid Subsea Combined IWCF Drilling Supervisors Certificate and offshore medical certificate (necessary to be attached with resume).
The job holder must have all proven points:
· Strong safety culture.
· Detailed knowledge of offshore exploration drilling and drilling contractual procedures.
· Experience working in locations remote to the bulk of the drilling team and the drilling management.
· Experience of start-up operations in new locations.
· Detailed knowledge of rig inspection & acceptance procedures.
· Experience in working with multicultural teams.
· Fluency in English & Spanish languages (spoken and written), capable of working with multidiscipline oilfield professionals from various parent companies.
• Working primarily onshore in Mexico City.
• To be available for weekend operations rotas and emergency duty rotas.
• To participate in rig inspection visits and safety leadership visits.