The Fleet Staff Engineer (FSE) will be able to take a project from conception to completion with minimal supervision. The FSE will be responsible for small to medium capital and maintenance projects utilizing engineering staff, outside engineering sources, regulatory bodies, fabricators, shipyards and the purchasing department to the fullest extent. Safe, functional and cost effective designs are the goal for all assignments.
Take small to medium sized projects from conceptual design all of the way through final design and implementation including:
-Identify work scope of projects
-Schedule a project based on current recourses
-Manage outside engineering firms
-See projects through the regulatory body approval process
-Review and approve drawings
-Pre-inspect equipment to prove design installation and identify potential design and installation problems
-Develop and maintain detailed budgets and schedules
-Obtain prices and schedules from shipyards, fabricators and venders
-Oversee shipyard fabrications and installations when required
-Work with Fleet Accountant for capital budgeting and reporting
-Quickly produce AutoCad drawing and sketches to meet the needs of the production department.
** Full COVID 19 Vaccination Required
· Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering, Ocean Engineering or Naval Architecture and Marine Engineering.
· 3-5 years of experience in engineering (marine or dredging related industry preferred).
· Proficient in the use of 2-D and 3-D Autodesk Product Design Suite and Nastran In-CAD for Inventor, Microsoft Excel and Word, Working --knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Project and PowerPoint.
· Familiarization with 46 CFR requirements and marine classification society rules preferred.
· Shipyard experience is considered a plus.
· Up to 35% travel required.
· Must have current authorization to be employed in the U.S. without employer sponsorship.