Field Service Technician Job Description
For one of our clients, we are looking for a Field Service Technician who is responsible for all post-sale technical field support. This role is solutions, integration and services oriented focusing on finding solutions for their customers
- FST will be required to install, Maintain, and repair equipment
- FST will also be required to attend customers to service and repair all of the above equipment and diagnose and fault find to resolve the reported issues.
- At times FST will be required to interact with challenging customers and communicate effectively.
- Working hours Monday-Friday 8.30am on site – 5.00pm off site, with over time when required, Participating on call Rota, FST available for out of hours emergency callouts including weekends.
- Independent & responsible working and confident to seek help, support, and advice as necessary
This is a full-time position. Over-time and Benefits apply
- Relevant qualifications such as HNC electrical and electronic engineering;
- NVQ Level 3 Diploma in Installation of Electrotechnical Systems and Equipment (Buildings, Structures and Environment) or
- NVQ Level 3 Diploma in Electrotechnical Services (Electrical Maintenance);
- City and Guild Certificates (C&G) C&G 2391.50 and 2391.51 or C&G 2391.52; and C&G 2919 EV charging
- Good working knowledge of health and safety legislation
- Full driver's license
- Installation / service and repair of equipment
- Good experience with general electronics design and knowledge of processor-controlled devices
- Experience working with LV mains to 480VAC and DC systems up to 1000V
- Affinity working with PCB/ESD sensitive equipment
- High-level ability to understand the environment of the place.
- High understanding of safety regulations and requirements
- Capable in Diagnosing Mechanical & Electrical faults
- Initiative, ingenuity, a mature and positive attitude to work
- Good communication skills in teams and customer environment
- Self-motivated and able to work as part of a team
- Ability to adapt and willingness to learn and undergo training
- Working indoors or outdoors at the customer's premises
- Being presentable, polite and courteous, addressing customers in a professional and friendly way and with empathy