Field Service Technician Job Description
We are currently looking for a Field Service Technician – based in Italy, for a leading engineering company in Europe and the US, specializing in the growing field of electric vehicle chargers.
Operating as a key member of Company’s European team, the Field Service Technician will be responsible for all post-sale technical field support. This role is solutions, integration and services oriented focusing on finding solutions for their customers, over their best customer experience on owning Company’s EV charging.
• FST will be required to install, Maintain, and repair equipment
• FST will also be required to attend customers to service and repair all of the above equipment and diagnose and fault find to resolve the reported issues.
• At times FST will be required to interact with challenging customers and communicate effectively.
• Working hours Monday-Friday 8.30am on site – 5.00pm off site, with over time when required, Participating on call Rota, FST available for out of hours emergency callouts including weekends.
• Independent & responsible working and confident to seek help, support, and advice as necessary
• Relevant qualifications such Electrical and Electronic Engineering; -
• Good experience with general electronics design and familiarity with processor-controlled devices
• Experience working with LV mains to 480VAC and DC systems up to 1000V
• Affinity working with PCBs/ESD sensitive equipment
• High level ability to understand the environment at the site.
• High level understanding of safety regulations and requirements
• Maintaining high levels of health & safety standards
• Capable in Diagnosing Mechanical & Electrical faults
• Initiative, resourcefulness, a mature and positive attitude to work
• Good communication skills within the team and customer environment
• Self-motivated and able to work as part of a team
• Ability to adapt and a willingness to learn and undergo training
• Working indoors or outdoors at customer premises
• To be presentable, polite, and courteous, addressing customers in a professional and friendly manner and with empathy