WTS Energy is seeking to hire Fabrication Yard(shipyard) for one of its client who is a reputed ship yard company.
Plan, organize, coordinate and supervise Fabrication activities including inhouse engineering works and dimensional checks ensuring timely delivery of projects with required quality of work done.
Main responsibilities include the following:
Policies, Processes & Procedures:
• Follow all relevant departmental policies, processes, standard operating procedures and instructions so that work is carried out in a controlled and consistent manner.
• Review and propose any improvements notes where necessary.
• Ensure employees are aware and follow the information Security Rules and data security measures in order to protect the company information / intellectual properties.
Day- to-day operations:
• Read specifications, work list and pre-planning job (Sequence of job, manpower, equipment).
• Substitute Assistant Manager during his absence when appointed so.
• Overall control in fabrication work flow.
• Liaise with Construction Managers to review construction plan, build strategies in order to formalize the optimum utilization of department equipment and resources
• Develop detailed completion program with manpower loading for Fabrication division.
• Review of fabrication engineering drawings.
• Provide work done reports and descriptions to Invoicers / Estimators to allocate budget as per the tariff and ensure that commercial targets are met.
• Proactive participation in identifying errors and effective reporting through NCIR system
• Train, motivate, appraise and provide feedback on training requirements to uplift the skill of subordinates
• Attend any training for any activity required by the department.
• Support Commercial Department during bid stage when requested by Department Manager.
• Ensure field reports are done timely and with good justify.
• Supervise the activities and work of subordinates by providing formal and informal feedback to ensure that all work within a specific area is carried out in an efficient manner and in accordance with set individual targets.
Safety, Quality & Environment:
• Comply with all relevant safety, quality and environmental management policies, procedures and controls to ensure a healthy and safe work environment
•Knowledge and Experience in ship repair and new building yard.
•Possess knowledge of MS office, Mariner application and Project Management skills
•Well versed with method statements and procedures, specifications, drawings, and all other discipline related project and engineering documentation.
•Thorough knowledge in various types steel works, steel structures and welding procedure specifications.
•Degree or equivalent in relevant field
•Safety Management training and PMT
•7 years working experience in Ship yard with conversion and new building facilities with minimum of 2 years on management position.