For one of our Clients who offers flexible, scalable technology solutions for electric vehicles is looking for an Engineering Specialist – Services. Their electric vehicle charging stations support the adoption and growth of low-emission e-mobility in over 20 countries worldwide.
You will be responsible for the development, maintenance and improvement of remote diagnostic tools. This role is based in Amsterdam and you will report directly to the Global Services Manager.
Key responsibilities for this role include, but are not limited to:
• Provide expert training for the company’s Remote Customer Support engineers
• Support commissioning of products.
• Travel to the field when required.
• Have a thorough understanding of statistics and databases.
• Remotely trouble shoot when the remote support team are unable to do so.
• Visit customers when required.
• Liaise with all clients in a professional and courteous manner with a view to improving the company’s reputation within the industry and increasing business opportunities.
• Work as a team member by assisting other areas of the business when required.
• Work within ISO9001 equivalent Quality standards.
• Adhere to the company’s WHS policy and procedures.
• Coordinate integration testing with external parties.
• Bachelors degree in Electrical/Electronics Engineering
• Electronic product design and analysis experience
• Deep knowledge of Power electronics, Power Circuit Topologies and Control systems (inverter, DC/DC, IGBTs, MOSFETs, vehicle communication networks including CANbus and associate protocols, signal conditioning and filter circuitry etc.)
• Understanding of Vehicle Charging Standards, EMC and other relevant global standards
• Experience using simulation tools for power / frequency / integrity / thermal assessments (MATLAB/Simulink, Simplorer, LTSpice, Maxwell, etc.)
• Experience of GPDS / PCS and Engineering planning and delivery processes
• Experience of full product development lifecycles both hardware and software based
• Knowledge of Linux system (preferred)
• Project management experience at both a task and project planning level
• Ability to work effectively with people at all levels in an organization
• Ability to communicate complex ideas effectively in English, both verbally and in writing
• Strong results-orientation and execution characteristics
• Ability to effectively organize, prioritize and accomplish multiple conflicting tasks, make intelligent, timely decisions and solve problems independently
• Analytical mind with problem-solving aptitude
• Ability to consistently work to a high standard with minimal supervision; self-motivated
• Capable of working in a reactive and pressured environment
• Strong attention to detail and analytical problem solver
• Strong troubleshooting/ fault finding ability