Electrical/Instrument Site Engineer (platform)
Duration: initially 4 months contract and may extend to 2 to3 months
Tasks and responsibilities will include:
As a Site Engineer you are part of the platform project team. In this role you provide local engineering (Electrical/Instrument) support and supervision for the platform contractor and Company site team members at the design office and fabrication yards, all located in the United Arab Emirates.
In addition, you work closely with the engineering team in Europe for design verification and reporting on contractor's progress and performance.
Your activities will include, but are not limited to:
• Familiarisation with company requirements and basic design
• Act as a physical focal point for engineering issues during detailed design and fabrication with backup support from the engineering team in the Netherlands
• Within your discipline, verify and comment on contractor's design against requirements, applicable norms and standards.
• Identify design verification associated risks and opportunities and advise Project Management
• Verification of contractor work packages
• Report on safety and quality observations
• Have a strong daily presence at contractor's premises and good communication with the contractor to observe contractor's work but without disturbing it's workflow
• Document and report site inspections, observations and contractor's progress
• Work closely and liaise with the Certifying Authority when required
• Provide input for a monthly site team report on progress and quality of the design and construction
• Register and monitor punch list items (LOP List of Outstanding Points)
• UAE based candidates who can join immediately will be preferred for this role
• Bachelor degree in a relevant Engineering discipline (Electrical/Instrument)
• experience (5 years +) in engineering (Electrical/Instrument) of offshore constructions, preferably in offshore wind platforms
• able to contribute to a cooperative environment between all parties involved, mitigate stress and animosity, and escalate persisting problems on the shop floor to Project Management
• knowledge about standards and norms applicable for offshore wind platform fabrication
• experience in and affection with working within multi-national teams in remote areas
• good communication and reporting skills
• take responsibility and ownership (committed); no 'nine to five mentality'
• fluent in English, both verbally and in writing. Dutch is a plus.