Job Title: Electrical Engineer
Type of Role: Contract to Hire
Location: Houston, TX
WTS Energy is the leading solution supplier in the international Oil, Gas, and Renewable Energy industries. We supply professional personnel and outsource services for projects and operations in all regions across the world. We take pride in partnering with our clients and consultants in relationships that are based on trust, high ethical standards, and consistent service quality. This is what we believe in, because in the end it is all about people. Our team is currently looking to fill a role for our client in Houston, TX for an Electrical Engineer.
- Independently perform common electrical engineering design tasks, including low and medium voltage power distribution, grounding, area classification, cable and raceway sizing and design, as well as full solar layouts.
- Utilize ETAP for multiple analysis types, including arc flash energy calculation, protective device coordination, ground grid step and touch potential, underground cable thermal studies, and DC/AC loss and load flow for renewable energy projects.
- Perform design checks and provide mentorship to other electrical engineers.
- Provide input on cost estimates for a variety of projects, including renewable energy, midstream, and downstream E&C facilities.
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering or Engineering Technology from an ABET accredited program.
- US Professional Engineering License is required.
- Arc flash and/or protective device coordination experience using SKM, ETAP, or other similar software is required.
- Experience with renewable energy systems, including solar layout and design and BESS required; experience with PVsyst highly preferred.
- Experience with high voltage substations and transmission is greatly preferred.
- Must have high proficiency with common Office computer software, including PDF markup tools.
- Must have a functional working knowledge of NFPA 70, API 500, and other key industry codes and standards.
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communication.
- Must be local to Houston, no relocation considered.