WTS Energy is seeking to hire Electrical Engineer for one of its client who is a reputed offshore engineering contractor.
Duration: 3- 6 months
Proficient and self-motivated Engineer, with good time management skills and strong technical knowledge. Team player but able to work with minimum supervision.
Working closely with the Project Engineer and Project Managers, this position will be responsible to assist on electrical scopes of projects. This will include certain E&I design activities, surveys onsite, assisting/ preparing and sending requests for quotation (RFQ) to electrical subcontractors, sourcing material and tracking work done on projects (either onsite or remotely from the office).
· Participate in surveys or client RFQ evaluations to understand customer and project requirements.
· Carryout electrical detailed design, sizing and calculations, and verify design done by others
· Prepare/ update single-line drawings to meet project specifications (as required).
· Liaise with suppliers and subcontractors to ensure quotations are received promptly and technical requirements are followed.
· Assist in preparing bids/ offers/ quotations and design of solutions under Lead Electrical Engineer supervision.
· Assist project team with Project Documentation on a weekly basis (Dashboard, Schedule, Commercial Summary & Actions Register, etc), prepared and sent to client weekly.
· Coordinate with subcontractors and ensure that appropriate engineering methods are applied and issued drawings correspond to the client requirements before starting of installation.
· Assist in preparing detailed BOMs and procurement of electrical equipment and components and ensure prompt delivery (as required).
· Monitor project progress to ensure schedule and budget targets are met. Submit required report to the Senior Electrical Engineer.
· Ensure that required technical documentation is prepared after each project.
· Participate in preparation of project summaries upon project completion
· Coordinate the work of electrical subcontractors during installation or advise Project Engineers on electrical work coordination
· Understand Offshore installation standards and ensure implementation during installation.
· Deployment to offshore projects based on requirements and coordinate installation work, including final sign-off of electrical installation.
· Input to HSE to improve offshore performance.
· Make plans to answer to client’s requests/queries/issues. Always provide the best selection of options for them to choose from (rather than waiting for them to prepare a plan).
· The ideal candidate must have engineering degree and a minimum of 4 years’ experience working in Marine Offshore industry, especially with drilling rigs and Offshore Oil & Gas installations. Experience with electrical drafting in AutoCAD is required.
· Engineering Diploma or Master of Science in Electrical Engineering.
· Good experience and understanding of IEC Offshore Installation Standards and Oil & Gas electrical installation requirements onboard fixed or floating vessels.
· Good knowledge of Classification Society Rules (ABS / DNV) electrical requirements.
· Prior experience on offshore drilling rigs is a must, with project engineering/ installation experience.
· Awareness regarding:
1) The organisation's quality, environmental, or health and safety policies;
2) Job Specific procedures, instructions and formats.
3) Relevant quality, environmental, or health and safety objectives;
4) Their contribution to the effectiveness of the management system;
5) Benefits of improved performance;
6) The implications of not conforming to management system requirements
Functional and Behavioral Competencies
- Project Engineer – Effectively manages project engineering and delivery activities by appropriately focusing on critical priorities.
- Data Analysis and Problem Solving – Demonstrates the ability to analyse and understand data and information quickly.
- Collaboration – Works efficiently and inclusively with a range of people, both within and outside of the organization.
- Proficient with MS Office and AutoCAD