WTS Energy is seeking to hire an Electrical Engineer – Shipyard experience
Contract :1 Years
Plan and manage electrical work activities onboard and workshop and ensure the projects are delivered within safety, quality, and budgetary targets set by the management.
Policies, Processes & Procedures:
Implement approved departmental policies, processes, procedures and provide instructions to subordinates and monitor their adherence so that work is carried out in a controlled manner.
· Identify, select, and design electrical systems/equipment for projects as required.
· Perform verification of, but not limited to electrical drawings, cable schedules, termination drawings,
equipment layout, fabrication and installation drawings.
· Participate in design reviews and take necessary follow up actions with relevant bodies.
· Carry out technical review quotations provided by the Project Manager or New Building Estimation and make
recommendations on the technical suitability of each.
· Liaise with other trades and project managers/invoices/estimators.
· Follow up with trades and carry out inspections during vessel construction.
· Assist Manager in achieving departments’ targets as per Yards requirements.
· Implement the day-to-day operations assigned for the electrical department/section to ensure compliance with the established standards and procedures
· Basic electrical and instrumentation aptitude.
· Knowledge of ship classification rules and requirements.
· Should be familiar with AutoCAD software to produce electrical drawings.
· Bachelor of Electrical / Electronic Engineering
· Other relevant qualifications
· 5 years’ experience in a shipyard environment.
· 2 years’ experience in the design office.
· Reading and understanding electrical drawings and symbols.
· Ability to write simple correspondence and to effectively present work-related information to their
immediate supervisor and subordinates as necessary.
· Experience in marine instrumentation and control systems.
· Knowledgeable in power generation and distribution.