WTS Energy is seeking to hire Dock Master for one of its client who is a reputed Marine Engineering and ship building company.
Dock Master is will be responsible but are not limited to the following,
· Ensuring safety standards are met especially the safety of vessel traffic and all resources being used for the operation.
· Piloting of vessels in and out of the dry docks Harbour water.
· Piloting, Docking & Undocking of vessels from the yard main docks in a safe & effective manner.
· Appraisal, planning, execution, monitoring and reporting of the marine manoeuvring in the yard.
· In charge of tugs, mooring launches, mooring gangs and all involved During marine manoeuvres.
· Pilotage of vessels as advised by the Harbour Master or Asst Harbour Master.
· Maintain a high level of competency in ship handling.
· Perform suitable bridge management duties in relation to statutory obligations during pilotage.
· Provide guidance to ship’s masters for the safe navigation, mooring and unmooring of vessels into the Harbour.
· Carry out heavy lift operation with floating crane.
· Monitoring of weather / sea conditions to attend to, as and when required, incidents or emergency situations within the Harbour.
· Ensure harbour water is maintained to high standard of cleanliness and pollution free by way of regular monitoring and remedial actions.
· Establish and maintain effective working relationship with co-workers, supervisors and clients.
· Attend training to develop relevant knowledge and skills.
· Report incidents and carry out / co-operate in investigations.
· Implements the day-to-day operations assigned to ensure compliance with the established standards and procedures.
· Master’s Degree in relevant field
· Master Marine Class – 1 (unlimited with valid STCW certificates and must have seagoing experience in a watch keeping navigational role.
· Experience in Marine, oil & gas and offshore industry.