Data and Information management Team Lead Job Description
WTS Energy is seeking to hire Data and Information management Team Lead for one of its client who is a reputed oil and and gas operating company.
Lead the Data and Information Management team and provide strategic direction about Information Management (IM) within the company. Establish the information governance framework that provides the structure that links processes, people and information to business strategies and objectives, ascertaining that information risks are managed appropriately. Lead a team to develop and execute information management projects that include successful implementation of tools and processes, training, and audits to manage the complete lifecycle of company information.
1. Deliver a customer focused Information Management (IM) service that meets business expectations and Service Level Agreements (SLAs).
2. Responsible for implementing the process of Continual Service Improvement.
3. Collaborate with Business heads and Document and Records Management (DRM) Coordinators to coordinate implementation, share best practices and support compliance with IM policies and practices thereby assisting with the long-term strategy for managing the company’s electronic and physical information.
4. Contribute to the IM and Information Technology (IT) strategy to ensure alignment to the business.
5. Deliver quarterly service review meetings with all data owners.
6. Perform data cleansing and maintenance.
7. Ensure the protection of vital records, the security of confidential information and meeting all legal, evidential and accountability requirements.
8. Oversee the preparation and destruction of corporate records (in electronic and paper form) in accordance with relevant State Records Disposal Schedules and Standards.
9. To promote awareness of Information Management good practice by developing communications with our corporate information management network and through training.
10. Oversee the preparation and transfer of inactive records to temporary storage and/or State Records ensuring all records relating thereto are updated.
11. Develop and implement a strategy for Information Management audits against IM best practices throughout company.
12. Maintain day-to-day oversight of his/her data management team execution and performance to meet agreed upon deliverables.
13. Creating and enforcing policies for effective data management.
14. Formulating management techniques for quality data collection to ensure adequacy, accuracy, and legitimacy of data.
15. Devising and implementing efficient and secure procedures for data management and analysis with attention to all technical aspects.
16. Establish rules and procedures for data sharing with upper management, external stakeholders, etc.
17. Support others in the daily use of data systems and ensure adherence to legal and company standards.
18. Monitor and analyse information and data systems and evaluate their performance to discover ways of enhancing them (innovative technologies, upgrades etc.)
19. Ensure digital databases and archives are protected from security breaches and data losses.
20. Troubleshoot data-related problems and authorize maintenance or modifications
▪ Degree in Information Management / Data Management / Information Security or related field.
▪ Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) Certified preferred.
▪ Control Objectives for Information and Related Technology (COBIT) Certified preferred.
▪ 5 - 10+ year’s experience working within an IT or Data Management environment.
▪ Experience of facilitation and consulting with a broad range of stakeholders with different goals, objectives, and deliverables.
▪ Exceptional understanding of data administration and management functions (collection, analysis, distribution etc.)
▪ Strong data management expertise (i.e., understanding of data management scope and objectives).
▪ Ability to analyse complex protocol designs, processes, vendor capabilities, data flows and data trends to design data management strategies allowing the efficient monitoring of activities to prevent and/or detect issues.
▪ Experience with Data Dictionaries and Metadata management.
▪ Experience in executing and driving Data Quality programs.
▪ Previous business knowledge of technical engineering, manufacturing, or oilfield operations preferred.
▪ Effective leadership and people management skills. Harness a working environment which encourages teamwork, energy, and creativity.
▪ Ability to analyse and identify important trends in data and business information.
▪ Strong interpersonal, negotiation and communication skills (verbal and written) with a customer focus mentality (incl. Ability to appropriately and constructively escalate) Strong organizational skills, flexibility, efficiency in matrix organization.
▪ Business Acumen skills: Willingness to deal with a “business situation promptly and efficiently" (risks and opportunities) in a manner that is leading to a positive outcome.
▪ Experienced in successful vendor management and oversight.
▪ Solid level of understanding of data management systems, database and programming concepts, database structures, and file structures.