• This is a rotation position, based at the Khormor Gas Processing Plant, Kurdistan, Northern Iraq.
• Management of EPC contractor in the execution of construction activities for the Debottlenecking Project
works and the timely completion of these activities to protect Company interests.
• To implement and monitor a constructability programme with the EPC contractor.
• To Implement construction procedures, plans and schedules for execution of the construction work scope
associated with the Debottlenecking Project.
• To ensure satisfactory levels of HSE performance from EPC Contractor with respect to construction
activities at Site.
• To ensure quality of constructed facilities in accordance with project contractual requirements.
• Reporting to the Project Manager and responsible for the Construction Work Unit associated with the
• Provide input during engineering phase of project to constructability aspects
• Have a full knowledge and understanding of the Contract conditions and cost and schedule requirements.
• Ensure that the project construction activities are executed in accordance with approved procedures.
• Ensure satisfactory construction procedures are developed, negotiated, implemented and closed-out
throughout the project.
• Ensure the construction works are executed in accordance with Project HSE requirements.
• Stimulates challenges and supports the EPC Contractor to strive for easy/simple solutions and to avoid
unnecessary delays to the schedule.
• To ensure the effectively liaison and co-ordination by EPC Contractor between construction and
commissioning activities during System Completion Phase.
• Participate in the development of detailed schedules
• Ensure construction schedules are consistent with Company overall Project requirements.
• Ensure that all tasks assigned by the Project Manager are completed on time and within budget.
• Actively participate in the EPC Contractor’s HSE processes of construction hazard and identification,
including risk analysis and mitigation and the development of appropriate construction methodologies.
• Attend internal / external Project reviews and other meetings, as necessary.
• Keep up to date with and adhere to Company and Project related procedures
• Be familiar with Company construction and safety issues.
• Produce construction and safety inputs/reports as required.
• When required assist EPC Contractor in its interface management with third parties and external
• Liaise with procurement with respect to purchase orders/material requirements. Expedite status/reports
from procurement and follow-up accordingly.
• Ensure construction works are performed to meet project schedules and that completed works are
delivered safely and in a timely manner.
• Coordinate all communications and meeting with the EPC Contractor regarding construction
requirements as they may arise.
• Liaise with Contracts personnel and coordinate changes that require schedule and/or cost input from start
to finish so that an auditable trial is available.
• Attend internal progress and construction meetings as required with the EPC Contractor.
• Actively participate in audits of the EPC Contractor.
• Perform continuous risk analysis of the construction works
Minimum Educational, Technical Qualifications/Certifications and Experience Required
• Bachelor of Science in Engineering and/or in Construction Management. Extensive trade qualifications
and experience in lieu will be considered.
• At least 15 years’ experience in construction of industrial facilities.
• At least 10 years’ experience in petroleum processing facilities, refineries, petrochemicals and pipeline
• At least 5 years working in a non-native country with a language different to your native one.
• Demonstrated 3 years’ experience in working in a 3rd world environment, or an active military conflict
Special Requirements and Conditions
• Khormor Rotation 4 weeks on / 4 weeks off
• Ability to work in physically-demanding hostile desert conditions – temperatures of -15˚C to +50˚C