For one of our clients, Kelp Blue, we are looking to recruit a Chief Operating Officer.
At Kelp Blue, we’re striving to find long-term solutions to help restore marine ecosystems and providing planet friendly products to some of the world’s largest industries.
Our goal is to increase ocean biodiversity by growing giant kelp forests at scale, beginning just off the coast of Lüderitz. These giant kelp forests will lock away vast amounts of CO2, boost marine biodiversity and have an enormously positive social impact on communities through job creation and education.
Our company growth will be financed by the harvesting, processing and sale of the kelp canopy into environmentally friendly products for multiple industries. We start with the development of organic and sustainable agricultural products such as bio stimulants, agrifeed and fertilizers.
We’re not a ‘business as usual’ company. We’re here to make a difference.
The COO is a key member of the senior management team. You will control diverse business operations across geographies of stupendous natural beauty: Namibia, New Zealand, Alaska... We operate in the ocean, in remote areas, often far offshore. These places are wild, awe-inspiring… and dangerous. What we are doing is in many ways unique, though we build on established practices. We seek to innovate, simplify, develop elegant solutions to physical and human challenges, and we seek to do so in harmony between humans and nature. Our purpose is to have positive impact on the oceans.
You will be responsible for the following tasks:
• Set comprehensive goals for performance and growth
• Establish policies that promote company culture and vision
• Oversee daily operations of the company in different workstreams (Kelp Forestry Installation: Engineering, Biosystems and Operations; Environmental and Footprint Monitoring; Harvesting and Processing, Biotechnology Optimisation and R&D; Structured and Disciplined Operational Excellence, Logistics, Customer After-Care etc)
• Lead team to achieve maximum performance and dedication – train the (young) leaders of our workstreams to be maximally effective
• Evaluate performance by analyzing and interpreting data and metrics
• Write and submit reports to the CEO and Board in all matters of importance
• Assist CEO & CCO in fundraising ventures
• Participate in expansion activities (investments, acquisitions, corporate alliances etc.)
• Manage relationships with partners/vendors