- Lead the development of Company’s vision, mission and corporate strategy, as Secretary of the Board of Directors, to ensure Company maximizes its short, medium and long-term profitability and returns to its shareholders.
- Lead the translation of Company’s overarching strategy into business plans for the Legal Division and ensure that the Division’s performance is effectively monitored and managed in order to achieve Company’s Legal and Regulatory strategic objectives.
- Provide strategic advice on matters directly relating to Company’s corporate governance, business ethics and public policy to ensure appropriate governance and stewardship, and to ensure that the Senior Executive Management champion the development of an appropriate risk culture across the organization.
- Act as legal counsel to the Board of Directors, CEO and Managing Director to ensure that legal implications of critical strategic and operational business decisions are appropriately considered and that Company’s operations are compliant with applied local and international laws and regulations.
- Provide strategic guidance on critical matters related to the Legal Division and ensure the provision of strategic input, advice and briefings to the CEO, Managing Director and Senior Leadership on opportunities, trends, issues, risks and recommendations related to legal matters to continuously deliver business results, and inform decision-making.
- Direct external relationships with local and international governments and authorities relevant to the Legal Division to ensure strong and productive positioning that drives the delivery upon Company’s strategy, mission and vision.
- Provide leadership and guidance on the delivery of legal advice to Company’s management and across all departments on issues, such as compliance with the organization’s Development and Production Sharing Agreement (DPSA) obligations; compliance with all applicable laws; legal matters; finance matters; employment matters; regulatory matters and dispute resolution matters in order to protect Company’s interests and minimise legal exposure.
Terms & Conditions
Location : Abu Dhabi (Resident based)
Type : Contract Hire (Long Term)
Fully qualified legal professional authorized to practice law in recognized jurisdiction.
15-20 years’ relevant experience in legal affairs preferably within the oil and gas industry including at least 9 years in positions of progressively increasing managerial responsibilities.
Knowledge of local laws.
Effective interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
Excellent knowledge of written and spoken English. Knowledge of Arabic is an advantage.