Act as the focal point for all construction activities within the designated project area/s, in support of the Project Execution Plan, and prospective schedules.
· Preparation of daily and weekly construction scopes of work, in coordination with the Project
Manager (Company Representative) and Contractor Representative.
· Monitor construction scheduling with reference to civil, electrical, mechanical, plumbing, fabrication, assembly and installations.
· Management and coordination of construction contractors, technical teams and their activities, recording man hours, progress, and quality assurance, in accordance with the project plans and schedules.
· Lead constructability reviews.
· Construction risk management and mitigation.
· Contract Management of construction contractors
· Conduct regular Quality Assurance audits on construction Contractor’s works.
· Ensure that all construction works are carried out in strict compliance with Company HSE policies and Contractors approved HSE plans.
· Conduct regular HSE audits of Construction Contractors.
· Attendance and team lead at all site tool box talks.
· Ensure that all construction works are completed in accordance with the scope of work, specifications and commissioning, for Project Managers review and acceptance.
· Assistance with Change Order Requests.
· Assistance with Construction Contractor Claims.
· Assistance with Construction Counter Claims.
Ensure that all construction planning and activities are coordinated with:
§ Project Manager and appointed associated services.
§ Construction Contractors
§ Company appointed SME’s.
§ Key Stakeholders / Joint Venture partners.
§ Resource allocations (human and equipment).
· Allocate works and tasks to Company and Contractor technical installation leads.
· Ensure that works and tasks allocated to Company and Contractor technical installation leads, assigned to Construction Projects are completed in the appropriate time frame and to the appropriate quality.
· Mentor and develop National installation team members.
· Construction budget management in accordance with Project Managers requirements on a hands-on basis i.e. materials and equipment usage on site.
· Control of all additional cost implications during construction and installation activities.
Education / Experience
· Degree, Diploma or equivalent technical qualifications in Construction Management, Maintenance Management, or Construction Site Management.
· At least 15 years’ experience in construction or maintenance, with at least 10 years in Oil & Gas, Mining or similar type projects.
· At least 5 years’ experience at managerial level.
· A sound knowledge of electrical, mechanical, plumbing or civil disciplines, with an acceptable overall knowledge of all disciplines required on a construction site.
· Preference shall be given to applicants with experience in the middle east, and / or similar environments in extreme and remote locations.