Within the Procurement team, provide technical assistance; execute and control procurement equipment and services according to the technical specifications and the requirements related to quantity, quality, delivery and further relevant conditions as requested by various packages.
• Prepare call for tenders for the procurement of project materials and post order follow up
• Interface with technical services, QAQC surveillance & expediting for material inspections
• Carry out expediting of project materials in a timely fashion
• Carryout daily reporting of status all Company procured items
• Liaise with project freight forwarders and custom clearance agents at material readiness for timely pick up of materials to avoid delays in the procurement process.
• Timely purchase order placement to suppliers based on terms and conditions and follow-up PO execution till the end of the procurement process.
• Ensure timely resolution of all Technical queries (if any) to avoid delays
• Liaison with project Contractors Procurement team to ensure proper operation of the contractor procured items.
• Handle purchasing of industrial equipment and administration items in line with project needs
• Duet with Engineering and Contractors for all technical evaluation applicable to project
• Handle contract and purchases below 500KUSD and ensure respect of processes.
• Ensure the use of Company sourcing tools (ARIBA system) for all call for tender processes and use of SAP for PO placements (knowledge of Company SAP UNISUP is key).
• Make sure all contractor and subcontractors respect Nigerian and applicable laws and always act in compliance with project procedure and rules.
• Follow up the timely payment of suppliers and liaise with Cost control department
• Ensure that all Purchase activities shall comply with NCDMB directives.
• Comply with General Terms and Conditions of purchase to ensure the company is not exposed to legal liabilities.
Professional Experience (number of years) : Minimum of 5 years
Experience of contract, cost and planning administration/control (number of years) : 5
Proficiency in information technology tools including PowerPoint, Access, Word, Excel, FrontPage etc.
OTHER OBSERVATIONS ON THE SPECIFICITIES OF THE JOB AND ITS ENVIRONMENT
Good knowledge and significant experience of SAP. E-sourcing tools and international trading regulations (INCOTERMS). Commitment to excellence, respect for deadlines, autonomy, team spirit, ability to learn quickly, and a strong sense of organization and analysis.