For one of our clients, Battolyser Systems we are looking to recruit an Engineering Lead!
Welcome to Battolyser Systems, a fully funded, cleantech scale-up company based in The Netherlands. But obviously, that’s not the most important part. What is important, is our purpose and the impact we can actually make with our product, the Battolyser. Let us take you on this journey and show how you can make a difference by joining a fast-growing purpose-driven company.
First, some background information on Battolyser Systems. Seven years ago, some really smart people at the Delft University of Technology invented the world’s first integrated battery and electrolyser system. They named it a ‘Battolyser’ and realized this invention could connect renewable power generation in a revolutionary way with how society will consume energy in a net zero emission world. To make a real impact, the technology was spun out of the Delft University of Technology into a separate company in 2019 to demonstrate a proof of concept in an industrial setting. And so, Battolyser Systems was born.
Fast forward to today. We have a patented, proven technology, customers are lined up and funding is secured. We have also attracted some top talent in the renewable energy and hydrogen market, passionate and motivated to make a difference. Knowledgeable, connected and committed are some of the keywords that best describe current leadership. In growing the company we aspire to build lasting teams for which we are looking to recruit an Engineering Lead who is motivated to make a real difference in tackling climate issues and recognizes the unparalleled innovation Battolyser technology brings in accelerating the energy transition.
This role is at the heart of the product development in the company, reporting to Head of Projects & Engineering. You are responsible to develop the Battolyser stack into a commercial product that is robust and can be easily manufactured. In addition you will provide engineering support to business development and start-up & commissioning of early projects. For this you will be asked to help build and lead a multidiscipline engineering team. With that team you’ll be responsible for the following tasks:
- Scaling and improving the system engineering around the stack (balance of plant, power electronics and packaging) from 15kWh/kW to MWh/MW productized modules, incorporating learnings from the Pilot Unit
- Deliver the process engineering scope (incl HAZOP/P&ID reviews) for the next generation Battolysers, including hands-on process simulations as well as engineering contractor supervision
- Support the Commissioning and Start-up of the Pilot Unit and later Commercial Demonstration projects
- Take responsibility with Head of Project & Engineering for the Battolyser product cost down curve, and manage cost reductions through ingenuity in design and simplified and replicable manufacturing techniques;
- Provide engineering support to business development and commercial offers Champion the product life cycle sustainability
Who are you:
We feel, in order to be successful in this role, you have a MSc. degree in Process Engineering. You are self-driven, intrinsically motivated and committed to materialize the overall company vision. You are a techy at heart who has earned his or her stripes in fabrication module design or similar. You are ‘hands-on’ but know when to leave it to others, this shows in demonstrable experience in leading teams. You have no problem to do the technical assurance within the scope of diverse engineering disciplines. Oh, and if you have a strong engineering and suppliers network that would really set you apart. Interested in changing the world? Let's talk!