Manages all strategic, operational, and procedural security matters in support of Company business in the Kurdistan region of Iraq, in line with Company Policy.
Security Process Management & Policy Compliance
· Manages the Kurdistan Asset Protection (AP) function to deliver against agreed goals appropriate to the situational status existing at the various operational CPDG locations within Kurdistan.
· Develops and maintains the security threat and risk assessment and resulting security plans for all Company activities in region.
· Responsible for all areas related to personnel and asset protection of Company locations within Kurdistan for exploration, drilling and operations including safe transit of company personnel and contractors.
· Manages and directs the contracted Security Provider and internal CPDG security management staff in daily tasks in support of the business.
· Assesses requirement and manages Oil Police Force (OPF) deployment at Company locations, escalates concerns with their relevant command chain.
· Manages all Contractual obligations within the Asset Protection umbrella
· Ensures that all asset protection related matters are conducted according to local Security Regulations as laid out by KRG Ministries, Company policy, international industry best practice and in accordance with the Voluntary Principles of Human Rights.
· Monitors relevant security-related developments, providing accurate and timely reports to assess and advise on matter relating to escalation of response posture, evacuation and emergency response.
· Manages any security-related incidents at local level with relevant government authorities.
· Maintains an operations and information summary on schedule as directed by Company requirements.
· Manages security-related Emergency Response and Evacuation Plans.
· Provide input into all Emergency Response activities, key member of on-site ERT
· Verifies and processes monthly timesheets and duty statements for contractors and OPF as required.
· Custodian of Kurdistan Company Asset Protection policies and protocols.
· Ensures quality control of contracted security providers and local staff.
· Adheres and implements the Company’s policies as specified at all levels.
Functional Leadership Management
· Ensures the effective achievement of AP department strategic and functional objectives through strategic management and direct supervision of staff – setting functional and individual objectives, managing performance, developing, and motivating staff, provision of formal and informal feedback and appraisal – in order to maximize functional performance.
· Builds a strong and appropriate AP team in order to ensure functional effectiveness, versatility and adequate cover for all functional duties,
· Manages all staff under authority professionally, fairly, and reasonably in line with Company HR policies and protocol towards agreed objectives.
· Assists in the preparation and implementation of ongoing training schedules to achieve maximum possible localization.
Minimum Educational, Technical Qualifications/Certifications Required
Recognized Security qualification or Bachelor’s Degree in a related field would be an advantage
Minimum of 15 years’ experience in a similar working environment (within the Petroleum Industry) and within isolated and zones of conflict.
Responsible for the development of daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual Asset Protection reporting
Provides routine information reports and security assessments to agreed and directed schedule.
Prepares ad hoc reports as requested or relevant to the current security situation.