Our client is now looking for a Senior Project Planner to provide planning and project controls support (both internal and external) to help deliver two offshore wind farm projects. They will work closely with the project controls manager, senior project management team, commercial manager and package leads to ensure successful delivery of the projects.
We are looking for candidates who have experience in the following areas:
- Extensive project planning experience with large, complex projects within a planning or projects controls team
- Demonstrable project planning experience, working within large, multi-contract engineering and construction projects, including building fully integrated activity networks.
- Highly skilled user of Primavera P6
- Experience in carrying out delay analysis and scheduling implications of contractor claims.
- Experience in running what-if scenarios
- Ability to work with package and project managers, interface managers, commercial managers and 3rd party contractors to identify schedule pinch points, interface issues and identify optimal schedule solutions.
- Ability to produce clear and concise information that will assist senior management decision making.
- Outstanding communication, presentation and stakeholder management skills will be essential for this role, allowing you to forge and maintain strong working relationships.
- Focus on continuous improvement, stiving to improve the quality of planning output as an aid to project decision making.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
Desired skills also include:
- Delivery of holistic project controls, including integration across schedule, cost, and risk management
- Integration between project delivery tools, including programme, cost management and document control to streamline delivery and reporting throughout the project lifecycle.
- Dashboard reporting using PowerBI to better communicate status updates across project controls to a wide range of project stakeholders.
- Facilitation and reporting on risk workshops, particularly in relation to interfaces with consultant/contractor schedules.
Your key responsibilities would include:
- Manage the client’s programme schedule ensuring clear, timely and accurate information is provided to the Project Management Team.
- Provide technical reviews of consultant/contractor programmes and manage interfaces/integrations with the client’s programmes.
- Undertake analysis of delay events notified within consultant/contractor to determine validity and potential impacts.
- Support programme baseline management and change control through the project lifecycle
- Assess and communicate schedule impact of project control change notifications and schedule impacts of progress reported – including Earned Value
- Monthly updates of project programme and progress reporting
- Identify critical path for projects and sub-packages, criticality of work scopes and ensure that potential delays to critical activities are identified and mitigated.
- Work closely with interface and package mangers to ensure project interfaces are identified and optimised for project delivery.
- Participate in interactive planning sessions, risk assessments, progress, budget and forecast reviews, risk workshops and lessons learned sessions.
- Assist project management decision making by providing clear and concise analysis of impacts of schedule delays and mitigation strategies.
- Work with commercial managers to ensure alignment between programme forecasts and cost reporting.
Why join this organization?
- Opportunity to work in a fast-growing team at the forefront of offshore renewable energy with prospects for growing your level of responsibility within the company or the wider founder company network globally.
- Working with project development professionals, engineers and marine science experts on topics that involve fast-moving technologies and science
- Remote, part-time and flexible work with bi-monthly visits to the Edinburgh office as minimum
- Competitive salary and benefits package