For one of our clients, we are recruiting a Senior Expert Project Control Lead responsible to lead all project control functions (cost estimating, planning, cost & contract controlling). He/She will be in charge for establishing project budget & schedule for the project manager, and monitoring their adherence.
- Establish and implement project control plan;
- Establish and monitor “phased” project budget (PCP / project cost plan) and schedule (baseline, progress measurement) for the project manager in all project phases (from “Idea” to “Execute”);
- Lead the nominated project control functions (estimating, planning, controls, contract management);
- Review/prepare financial data (incl. actuals, accruals, forecasting, invoice payments, purchase orders, material deliveries and other data) with critical interface to SAP software. Collect & compile progress and data. Develop cost control worksheets and reports;
- Monitor contractor performance in terms of progress, productivity, earned value and modification requests;
- Review modification requests versus budget and contract prior to approval, categorize modification requests to develop & analyze trends, and identify counteractive measures in case of inadequate contractor performance;
- Participate in RFQs (Request for Quotation) / ITBs (Invitation to Bid) / tenders and negotiations. Provide input for project cost control requirements, assist in commercial evaluations, and audit contractor’s cost control procedures and practices;
- Interface with critical project functions (e.g. procurement, engineering, execution, construction, Corporate functions etc.) and support Head of Project Services in case of ad-hoc requests.
- Actively implement benchmarking process by using existing internal & external data, and by performing close-out in all project phases (especially Define & Execute) in terms of cost, resources, schedule, risk and change management and adding to internal benchmarking databases.
- Improve internal & external processes and workflows (e.g. internal procedures, external contract appendices)
- University degree (technical or economical)
- Professional experience >7 years
- Experience in project control and monitoring activities >5 years
- Experience in investment projects in energy, construction or related industry >3 year
- Ability to manage many interfaces, to see & understand the big picture, and to integrate different functions
- Ability to work within a team, and across organizational borders
- Ability to analyze & improve efficiency of workflows and processes
- Fluent English proficiency