Line Manager Position: Head of Portfolio Management & Business Development
Purpose of position
The position holder is responsible for accessing and implementing projects with non-reimbursable funding within the department. His/Her purpose is to support colleagues in the department as well as to collaborate interdepartmentally in order to ensure the submission and implementation of projects in good conditions.
- Leads and executes the project implementation process, being directly involved in project management activities, namely drafting and making reimbursement requests, payment requests, periodic progress reports, project updates or changes, notifications and communications with the relevant authorities, etc. as the case may be, depending on the specifics of the project;
- Permanently follows the legislation, guidelines and instructions issued by the relevant authorities in implementing the projects in which he/she is involved;
- Is directly responsible for monitoring the entire implementation process, ensuring an effective flow of communication within the organization and identifying the relevant actors as well as supporting them in order to successfully implement the project;
- Provides support in the monitoring/durability phase of projects with non-reimbursable funding and drafts monitoring/ durability reports;
- Periodically informs the direct superior and the other colleagues regarding the announced funding programs
- Participates in meetings and discussions regarding the structuring of projects in order to understand the funding needs of the organization;
- Permanently monitors the sources of non-reimbursable funding both at the local level (EU funds, state aid schemes, NPRR/PNRR, etc.) and at the European level (schemes managed directly by the European Commission, cross-border programs, etc.) applicable to the company;
- Drafts, reviews or directly analyzes some sections of the funding request, business plan, feasibility study or other specific deliverables from funding applications with the support of colleagues in the organization.
Responsibilities regarding the environment, health and safety at work, fire protection and civil protection:
- To know and comply with the provisions of the legislation and internal provisions in the field of health, safety, security and environmental protection at work, fire protection and civil protection, as well as their enforcement measures;
- To use the protection and current activity equipment in accordance with the technical instructions;
- Not to affect the proper functioning, not to modify, change or arbitrarily remove the security devices from the building in which he/she operates;
- To immediately communicate to the employer and/or the designated employees any situation that he/she has serious reasons to consider as a danger to the security and health of the employees, as well as any malfunction of the protection system;
- To inform the superior and/or the employer about the accidents suffered;
- To cooperate with the employer and/or designated employees to make possible the implementation of any measures or requirements of the law or related authorities;
- To cooperate with the employer and/or the related authorities to enable a healthy working environment and work conditions without risks for safety;
- To act, in accordance with the procedures established at the workplace, in the event of an imminent fire hazard or any other emergency situation;
- To provide the designated persons with all known data and information regarding work accidents and/or fires that have occurred;
- To participate in the medical examinations for health surveillance at the workplace, planned by the occupational medicine doctor with the employer’s consent.
Education / /: Master / Master – Diplom / Diploma Master
- Subject of education :Economic/ Administrarea afacerii/ Juridic
Relevant professional experience: 7 years
- At least 7 years of work experience in the field of public funding, proven by implemented projects (successful or not);
- At least 3 years of experience in a task leader role or project management role.
Relevant professional skills
- Strong understanding of company and group strategy and objectives;
- Excellent presentation and negotiation skills;
- Solid knowledge of structures and decision-making processes within European and national bodies;
- Experience in implementing projects with non-reimbursable funding;
- Understanding the legislation and procedures applicable to non-refundable funds;
- Proactive orientation, teamwork;
- Positive attitude;
- Strong communication skills;
- Ability to work independently and in interdepartmental work teams;
- Stress resistance.
- Good understanding of the oil & gas business;
- Strategic knowledge and insight into the evolution of European and national energy markets;
- Knowledge of legislation, rules, regulations and norms regarding public funding;
- Identifying the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems, using critical thinking;
- Business-relevant professional education in the field of economics, EU policy, business administration, public administration or law, reflected by a master’s degree;
- Experience in multidisciplinary teams;
- Project management skills and a good knowledge of specific project management tools;
- Able to work at various seniority levels within the organization, including top management;
- Knowledge of English and Romanian;
- Very good organizational and coordination skills; written and oral communication skills; interpersonal communication skills;
- Identifying the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to critical problems;
- Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities that require both rigorous attention to detail and comprehensive high-level solutions.
The position holder is also responsible for the following activities:
- Informs and reports to the direct superior and colleagues in the department regarding the identified funding programs, legislative news or any other relevant information regarding non-reimbursable funding;
- Builds and maintains constructive working relationships with colleagues in the department and within the other structures of the organization;
- Reads, analyzes and makes reports and presentations of the funding programs identified in relation to the Applicant’s Guidelines and related legislation;
- Provides support and technical assistance in his/her area of competence to the corporate public funding project team (Public Affairs), the refining team, the alternative mobility team, to any business unit within the R&M division regarding funding projects;
- Participates with the other colleagues in the department in the process of identifying public funding opportunities within the R&M Division;
- Performs company eligibility analyzes and simulations of project scores or competitiveness in relation to the rules in the applicant’s guidelines;
- Provides assistance in the process of creating reports and presentations on the sources and activities of public funding for the Department Director, which will be presented to the management of Company, the R&M division and other interested parties within the company;
- Monitors from a technical and economic point of view the evolution of the investments under implementation and periodically reports to the hierarchical superior the status of the investments;
- Provides consultancy and support in connection with non-reimbursable funding within the organization;
- Ensures an effective communication process in relation to projects with non-reimbursable funding both within the company and in relation to the relevant authorities (project officer, control authorities);
- Prepares and maintains a good archive of documents as well as an audit trail of the project;
- Prepares and participates in monitoring and control visits, audit or information visits from the relevant authorities;
- Performs any other relevant activities in relation to the non-reimbursable funding needs of the organization.
Planning and forecasting duties:
- Assistance in the development of action plans and position documents (proposals) regarding relevant public funding topics and eligible projects for the R&M Division;
- Preparation of informative materials and reports for internal and external use.
- Drafting and revision of documents, memoranda, official addresses, minutes and internal documents;
- Monitoring ongoing R&M public funding areas for the R&M division leadership team;
- Active issues (for example, possible legislative changes, political developments with potential impact on the activity); planning, developing, managing and tracking Company’s positions on these issues;
- Represents R&M Company at conferences in order to maintain/improve image and reputation;
- Developing constructive and cooperative working relationships with stakeholders and maintaining them over time;
- Establishing and maintaining viable internal and external partnerships;
- Elaboration of materials for raising awareness in the field of public funding;
- Escalates issues encountered during analysis and reports directly to manager;
- Actively participate and contribute to audits.
- Close coordination and reporting of relevant activities to the R&M management team (strategic partnerships, advocacy topics with relevant stakeholders); ensure that accurate records are kept and that monitoring data is collected regularly.
- Reports directly to the Director of the Portfolio Management & Business Development Department;
- Reporting of active issues (for example, possible legislative changes, political developments with potential impact on the activity, legislative or procedural news related to the implementation process) and strategic initiatives
- Offers support in providing periodic progress reports on the advocacy strategy;
- Support senior consultants in the department in carrying out relevant activities.
Personal development tasks
- Constant improvement of communication skills, intercultural skills, a strategic mindset, especially in terms of a coherent and high added value approach to interaction with the authorities;
- To reinforce a constructive and proactive approach to solving problems, along with the constant display of a high degree of integrity and honesty;
- Resilience to high pressure and a fast-paced environment;
- The desire to innovate and capitalize on the potential of emerging technologies and internal IT resources.