For one of our major clients we have been awarded a contract related to a prestigious Renewable Energy Project Rotterdam, Europoort.
Within the project, serval sub-projects are being planned, including:
- Ammonia storage facilities
- A HVO unit for the production of renewable diesel and aviation fuel
- A hydrogen purification unit (PSA) and LPG recovery facilities, and
Several modifications to existing facilities
Position Title: Senior Mechanical/Piping Engineer
Country of employment: The Netherlands
Working Options: Full time
Starting Date as soon as possible
Place in the Organization: Project Team Major Projects
Reports to: Engineering manager and Project Manager
Language: Fluent in English and Dutch (both verbally and in writing)
Duration Until end 2027/28.
Position Description: As a member of the Project team, he / she contributes to the maturing the projects and provide discipline expertise. The selected person will be responsible a wide range of Static and Rotating Equipment/Piping/Storage tank activities including:
- Review and approve project specifications for Equipment, Bulk materials and Storage tanks,
- Supervision of the activities of the FEED contractors,
- Supervisions of the activities of the EPC contractors.
Key activities and accountabilities will include:
- Provide Engineering and Construction expertise.
- Establish a safety-first culture to the project.
- Ensuring delivery to agreed quality standards, schedule and cost.
- Build an excellent relationship and interface with OWNERs project
team and design/construction contractors.
- Manage support with respect to HSE, Design Reviews, Quality Assurance and Control.
- Implement the relevant engineering standards, capture lessons learned through pre- and post-project reviews, implement quality, and provide specialized technical support to projects and to operations and maintenance.
- 15+ years engineering and Brownfield/Greenfield work experience.
- A bachelor’s degree in engineering or related fields.
- Applied Knowledge of American and European Norms.
- Thorough knowledge of projects and his discipline within engineering
- Support mechanical and piping engineers of Engineering Contractors.
- Support of mechanical and piping installation contractors.
- Good communication skills and aptitude for taking initiatives are essential.
- Ability to work in multi-disciplinary teams.
- Working experience on the entire project life cycle (from conceptual design through to final commissioning and handover).
- An HSE driven mindset.
- Good people management.
- Good communication and presentation skills.
- Good knowledge of policies, procedures and best practices in the areas his/her discipline.
- Good planning skills.
- Good negotiation skills.